PortraitPro 21 - 50% OFF + an EXTRA 20% OFF! Use Code: EPZJS

For sale: Wacom Graphire 4 (CTE-640 silver)

dudler Plus
17 1.4k 1775 England
5 Aug 2020 1:28PM
Any offers welcome for this A5 graphics pad, which isn't entirely compatible with Windows 10 (so I've replaced it with a smaller Intuos.

Location is Walsall: no reasonable offer refused.

Contact me through EPZ if you're interested.
Big Bri 19 16.6k United Kingdom
6 Aug 2020 9:14AM
Graphire 4 can be made to work on Windows 10, but I'm not going to bother explaining the process if you've already replaced it Smile
keithh 17 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
6 Aug 2020 10:49AM
Do you shout 'I'm just going to plug my Intuos into the computer' thereby fooling said computer into thinking it should accept it?
dudler Plus
17 1.4k 1775 England
6 Aug 2020 12:45PM
I explored the 'can be made to work with' avenue: I got limited functionality, and it was, frankly, not what i wanted to spend time on.

I'm happy to play with work-arounds and fudges for purely photographic stuff, but this was taking me deep into computer-geek territory. I'm not averse to technology, but we all have personal limits for everything. Sitting in front of me is an Exakta VX1000, a lovely camera, around 55 years old. With that, I can be bothered: but most people wouldn't and shouldn't.

And I simply unplugged the Graphire and plugged in the Intuos: and followed the instructions. And it works.
7 Aug 2020 9:14AM

Quote:Do you shout 'I'm just going to plug my Intuos into the computer' thereby fooling said computer into thinking it should accept it?

No, in fact the exact opposite - you have to sneak up on it and plug it the Graphire before it realises what's happening...
7 Aug 2020 11:19AM
That's where I make the mistake.

I show it the USB plug and explain that it won't hurt, its just a plug and he has the socket for it.
dudler Plus
17 1.4k 1775 England
7 Aug 2020 11:24AM
Thanks, chaps. I take it that:

a) you'd recommend the Graphire tablet to potential buyers; and
b) neither of you actually have a home for it?

#BantersComingHome
9 Aug 2020 10:21AM

Quote:Thanks, chaps. I take it that:

a) you'd recommend the Graphire tablet to potential buyers; and
b) neither of you actually have a home for it?

#BantersComingHome

Sorry, I don't have a home for it. The instructions I found for getting it to work were actually just installing a very specific driver, which on my desktop worked absolutely fine. On my daughter's laptop we never could get it to work, but I think it's a problem with her USB ports.

10 Aug 2020 11:04AM
No comment.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.