Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

For those down south (for the airshow in Bournemouth)

User_Removed 17 17.9k 8 Norway
20 Aug 2011 8:22PM
Looking at the amateur video and looking at the ground under their flight path on Google Maps given the published geographical location, I suspect that he elected not to eject because of what was on the ground and the possible danger to civilians.

A brave man in my view.

I salute you Sir.
rossd 18 1.1k England
20 Aug 2011 9:32PM
Very sad indeed.
One of the Red Arrows made an emergency landing (following a birdstrike) at Blackpool Airport during a display over Blackpool a couple of weeks back.
Makes you wonder if they will be disbanded (taking into account the current economic climate, this fatal accident and the fact that the aircraft must be reaching the end of their fatigue life).
Eastlands 10 760 4 Northern Ireland
20 Aug 2011 10:53PM
Whatever happens down the road of spending cuts we will be forever proud of our servicemen and women and today lets all pay due respect to the amazing Red Arrows, they are a credit to the nation and we should never underestimate their position. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of Jon Egging and with all serving here and overseas.
bfgstew 15 668 105 England
20 Aug 2011 11:12PM
To qoute The Red Arrows motto, Éclat.

Thoughts and prayers are with his famly, friends and the rest of the team.
mohikan22 Plus
17 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
20 Aug 2011 11:47PM
Anyone going to the airshow tomorrow can you please wear red in respect, let's have the seafront all in red
Thanks
Matt.
User_Removed 17 17.9k 8 Norway
20 Aug 2011 11:57PM

Quote:Éclat

Amen.
MrBMorris 14 27 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2011 10:29AM
My dad used to take me to loads of Airshows, Mildenhall, Duxford and Cranfield!

We saw it's last public display at Cranfields Dreamflight Airshow in 1992! which would of made me 8 years old lol! dam..I still remember it and can feel the rumbling noise of it!

I miss Milldenhall so much! hopefully the 2013 return rumours are true!

Ben

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.