Start your photography store - 30% off Picfair Plus!

Forgotten how awful it makes you feel!

janeez 10 1.8k 8 United Kingdom
26 Dec 2013 12:18PM
If anyone would like to put pictures of their faithful friends on here then it would be lovely to see them.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AlexandraSD 7 762 United Kingdom
26 Dec 2013 5:07PM
This is my old friend, Poppy, now part of my life since 1998, a rescue home dog, got her when she was 8 weeks old, i never chose her, she chose me, she went ape sh*t when she saw me, and thats the first time i was sure that a dog smiled at me, the other dogs seemed docile in comparison, but poppy had so much typical puppy energy, and from then on we have been inseperable, apart from the week i had in the west country in 2003, she has been everywhere with me, though in recent years she has slowed down to the point where she now sleeps most of the time, i know im lucky to have her, in fact i thought she was a gonner 4 years or so ago when she got that infection in her womb, thankfully the vet sorted her out (my pet insurance really came up trumps, otherwise id have had to pay close to 1600 for surgery and aftercare) and removed her womb.

She is not as active as she used to be, she is quite deaf now, and her back legs are not as strong as they once were, and she does sleep and snore very loudly now, but she still smiles at me, and always wants a fuss, and the kids totally adore her, everyone does.

Here is an image of her this summertime, with my oldest niece chanelle.

poppyandnelly.jpg

Dogs are always part of the family, life would be poorer without them in our lives, so i do feel your loss, they are irreplaceable best friends, our babies, and i know i dont have long with poppy, we are fortunate that she has seen another christmas but i do fear it is her last.
janeez 10 1.8k 8 United Kingdom
26 Dec 2013 10:31PM
She really does look like she is smiling. Rescue dogs are very special and I also believe they choose you and not the other way round. We were so lucky to get our girly. She had meant to go to another family but she developed kennel cough so they were told they would have to wait three weeks for it to clear up. On the day that we went to the rescue centre she should have been picked up by the other family but they hadn't turned up. We asked if we could take her for a little walk while they made a phone call. It turned out the other people had gone and got another dog and didn't want Rosie anymore and the rest, so they say, is history.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.