Exclusive ePHOTOzine offer - 20% off Mistubishi CP-M15E Bundle!

Frame rate vs single shot snobbery.

roxpix 16 2.2k 11 Scotland
29 Dec 2010 9:38PM
Rapid singles for me.......although I've no idea how rapid single shots have to be before its classed in fps terms Tongue
tomcat 15 6.4k 15 United Kingdom
30 Dec 2010 9:32AM

Quote:but am at least twice the age of Cheryl

ImpossibleWink
csurry 18 9.2k 92
30 Dec 2010 12:41PM
Tis true Steve is an Octagenarian Wink

As pointed out the Nikon has a single shot, continuous low and continuous high setting for the shutter release. Mine is generally on CH, but because it is not as light to trigger as I have found on Canon bodies that I have tried it is still possible to shoot single frames. Really does depend on the subject. For squirrels I will shoot 3 or 4 distinct frames simply because of the movement in the front paws can spoil an image and with snow conditions you are never sure where the blur of a snowflake may occur. I have a number of shots that are so close to being what I wanted except there is the blur of a snowflake over the eye of the animal. Very frustrating, but very hard to predict.

I did try machine gunning with the D3s just to try to fill the buffer, but the subject disappeared out of frame long before the buffer would have locked out the shutter - good fun though and I did get some strange looks Grin
tomcat 15 6.4k 15 United Kingdom
30 Dec 2010 1:36PM

Quote:but because it is not as light to trigger

That is true Cheryl. However the cable release on the Canon, even when set in "gun" mode, does allow a single shot without to much fuss.

Adrian

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.