Save 50% on inPixio Photo Studio Pro

Free Video Edit software

roxpix 17 2.2k 11 Scotland
28 May 2010 8:37AM
Morning
I need a free User friendly video edit program

Its to be used on a laptop (with vista or XP) and its a once off use where the wifes work colleagues do a quick show & tell type thing so not worth spending dosh on as just need to edit the diff ppl in order, remove out takes etc

Cheers
Alan
cameracat 17 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
28 May 2010 8:58AM
What about " Windows Movie Maker " Not only is it free, Its a standard component on XP, Even Vista has it too ( a much later version ).....Smile

Just make sure the version your machines are using has all the latest updates installed......Wink
28 May 2010 1:55PM
Cheers Vince
Found it on my laptop so the wife must have it too (didn't even realise I had it) Smile
landandlight 15 46 Scotland
28 May 2010 3:08PM
Try Pinnacle Videospin...brought to you free from the guys that made Avid.
2 Jun 2010 9:23PM
Follow Up Question:

Having found the Windows Movie Maker programme we're stuck on next stage

Wifes got the DV camcorder from her work (Panasonic VDR D100, uses mini DVDs) problem is once we put a disc with some content into the laptop it will play quite happy but we cannot import it to WMM, various errors but closest we get is an error message relating to absent codec

No software supplied with the camera so I'm guessing since we don't have the listed optional accesory of 'DVD Movie Album SE4' means we dont have the codec? would this be right
devlin 10 653 39 India
2 Jun 2010 9:38PM
Check if the DVD has been finalized in the camera before you try importing, if this does not work then you'll need to use a third party capture tool like WinDV also check the panasonic site link below and see if installing the drivers help

Panasonic
2 Jun 2010 9:43PM
Yeah, after several attempts managed to finalize the DVD in the camera before shooting which has got us to the codec issue (before that we were floundering Sad
Had a look at Panasonic earlier but only software support is updates for the optional software that we dont have
devlin 10 653 39 India
2 Jun 2010 10:25PM
Hmmm in that case i guess your only other option would be to use a third party tool like WinDVD or something similar
2 Jun 2010 10:28PM
Cheers, I'll try that
3 Jun 2010 5:16PM
Just to update
Windows Movie Maker cannot (apparently) take data from a DVD as an import
I've been advised by Panasonic to try Ulead Movie Factory so thats the next step

Cheers for the help

Alan
devlin 10 653 39 India
3 Jun 2010 5:39PM
while researching the web i did come across certain people who reported success using Ulead on this particular camcorder..i hope it sorts out your issue Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.