Save An Extra 10% On Portrait Pro v21 With Code: NM2367

From Geoff Simpson - Why I had to register

GeoffP 15 130 Portugal
18 Jun 2005 3:23PM
Hi!

I had to register as GeoffP as opposed to GeoffS because I deleted the cookies on my PC thus losing my EPZ user name and password which I could not for the life of me remember despite trying lots of combinations I was unable to log-in.

The email address I original registered with is no longer valid as I changed my ISP in March 2005 and have a new email address.

I did email Pete who tried to help me - but the original details being logged on a secure server he was unable to help me as it is secure server after all.

Therefore I was left with no alternative but to pay my 5 and re-join under GeoffP.

Hope this clarifies the situation and stops thoughs who make unqualified assumptions without knowing that facts.

Regards

Geoff
Miles Herbert 18 1.9k 4 United Kingdom
19 Jun 2005 12:11AM
Welcome 'back' Geoff!

Smile
IanA 17 3.0k 12 England
19 Jun 2005 12:28AM
Does this mean the 'Early Purple Orchids' will stay?

Wink)

Ian
VinceJones 15 862 United Kingdom
19 Jun 2005 12:32AM
No explanation needed as you have put your name in the profile area under the new ID.

Welcome back Geoff!
conrad 16 10.9k 116
19 Jun 2005 2:01AM
Welcome back indeed. Interesting, though, it will now say "New member" next to your user name for a month! Wink

Conrad
User_Removed 18 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
19 Jun 2005 2:05AM
Thanks for that Conrad - I always thought "new member" had something to do with reconstructive surgery Wink
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
19 Jun 2005 2:32AM
Our local surgery has been reconstructed recently.
ellis rowell 16 2.0k United Kingdom
19 Jun 2005 2:36AM
Our surgery has implemented a "re-order by email" for repeat prescriptions. Excellent service.
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
19 Jun 2005 2:47AM
It already in place at ours, according to Boots, but the Surgery itself is lagging a bit.

How long before a blood pressure monitor can be plugged into the computer, with an on-line calibration procedure?

Check blood pressure a various times of the day over various days, during calm and hectic periods.

Then produce point to point chart at the end of the week.

With a computer derived analysis taking into account your age and recorded medical history!

jas
19 Jun 2005 3:22AM
Our surgery has had the 'reorder by e-mail' for some while but I have to admit, I am always a bit concerned by this sort of 'automated' issuing of drugs.

I have to take several drugs every day and one of them in particular is suppose to only be dispensed on a monthly basis with 2 monthly blood tests. I have been taking it now for 2 years, have never had my repeat prescription request questioned and have only had one diagnostic blood test in the last year and that was when I asked for it!

I have to say, I have the most inept medical centre I have ever experienced and the senior doctor (although very pleasant) is well known for falling asleep during surgery hours (aided I believe by the contents of the Becks bottles often seen in cartons in his room - absolutely true!)

I understand why they are doing it - here in Llandudno in North Wales we have a disproportionately (compared to most towns) high percentage of elderly people which takes up a huge amount of surgery time. It is almost impossible to get an appointment in a hurry and equally impossible to join another practice as most have their lists closed except one Doctor who was suspended for inappropriate behaviour with a patient but has been allowed to practice again (medicine not inappropriate behaviour!)

Barrie Smile
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
19 Jun 2005 3:31AM
Well, I also have to take several drugs per day. The repeat prescription facility where I just have drop the request into the surgery letter box once every two months, in my own time, sures beats having to have an appointment and attend surgery every time.

I do take the point though.

jas
agoreira 17 6.0k Wales
19 Jun 2005 3:33AM
"I have to take several drugs every day and one of them in particular is suppose to only be dispensed on a monthly basis with 2 monthly blood tests. I have been taking it now for 2 years, have never had my repeat prescription request questioned and have only had one diagnostic blood test in the last year and that was when I asked for it!"

What a sickly lot we are! Wink Like you, I'm taking a cocktail of drugs, currently 6! However, I do have regular blood pressure checks, and an annual diagnostic blood test automatically. Fortunately, we are one of the few, (only?)surgeries in our area that does not use the appointment system, you simply turn up when you are ill! You may wait an hour or so, but you will be seen that day. I suspect that will change however. We do not however have the repeat presciption by e-mail, that would make things a bit easier. Currently, we have to go to the surgery, hand it in, then go back the following day to pick it up.
19 Jun 2005 3:40AM

Quote:sures beats having to have an appointment and attend surgery every time

Absolutely agree Jas - I request mine by 'phone or use the local pharamacist who can do it but my concern was that some surgeries (mine for instance) are not following up patients properly and the anonymity of the repeat prescription process is making this worse.

Something we do have here in Llandudno is an out of hours GP service based at our local hospital. This is very useful and far better than the service offered in many areas (so I believe).

If you are poorly but can travel, you can just 'phone and then get yourself to the hospital where you will be seen by a GP.

Of course, one other benefit of being sick in Wales is that our prescription charges are only 4 ("soon" to be free) and so the annual pre-payment certificate that I have is also proportionately cheaper.

All they have to do now is stop the sick English using Welsh pharmacists - man the barricades! Wink

I have to admit, the waiting times for hospital treatment also seems to be getting better here in North Wales. It is great to know that you can get MRSA here faster than anywhere else in the country Wink

I had surgery at Glan Clwyd hospital last year. The standard of hygiene management of some of the nurses (and the ward sister!) beggared belief (can't go into details because of the grisly nature of what I have in mind) so it's no small wonder people get sicker in hospital than out of it!

Barrie Smile
Hazard 17 1.2k United Kingdom
19 Jun 2005 5:15AM
How does a post about a user name turn into what service your local doctors surgery offers LOL, this is a funny old place Smile
KenTaylor 16 3.1k 2 United Kingdom
19 Jun 2005 6:11AM
My thoughts also.
Dont even understand why Geoff had to post this thread.
Perhaps its the weather.
Ken

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.