Save An Extra 10% On Portrait Pro v21 With Code: NM2367

From Geoff Simpson - Why I had to register

GeoffP 15 130 Portugal
19 Jun 2005 6:23AM
Ken Hello!

Because EPZ member Richard Willimason decided to post a comment that I might of changed to GeoffP it to advertise some business activities (workshops) - when in fact he had made factually incorrect assumptions and has no knowledge of why I had to change GeoffS to GeoffP.

I agree its pathetic that I have had to post this - but I thought I'd better set the record straight.

Better get back to the sunbathing and eating ice cream.

Regards
Geoff
KenTaylor 16 3.1k 2 United Kingdom
19 Jun 2005 6:41AM
Hello Geoff.
I see, all understood now. Lots of misunderstanding on here only to be expected I suppose. Tripped a few wires myself.
Careful sunbathing or you might end up at the medical centre!.

I think we met briefly at Jessops, Warren Street, Stockport. I was going through some details with Jon for an XPan. He was about to phone you over a detail when up you popped out the ground so to speak. Some time ago now, grief how it flies.
Ken
GeoffP 15 130 Portugal
19 Jun 2005 6:54AM
Ken

I remember meeting you - did you buy the XPan in the end? - I might have gone digital on everything else but I kept my XPan its a truly wonderful camera body - though its costs me an arm and a leg to buy all the Nikon scanning equipment still I have no regrets. I only hope the Hasselblad do bring out a digital version - though I reckon that won't be cheap.

I yet to see a stritched image that compares to the perspective this camera delivers. If I had to part with everything and keep just one body its good-bye Canon digital and the XPan is the only body I would keep

Best Wishes

Geoff
RWilliamson 15 17
19 Jun 2005 6:59AM
Geoff,
your comment is not welcomed.
Someone asked why you had registered again and as the registration coincided with your post about updates to your your workshops then I think my comment was reasonable. It was not pathetic but an answer to a question posted by another member.
You are treading very thinly by making such comments and you of all people should know that it is not in your best interests to 'upset/inflame me'. I look forward to discussing this with you in person Wink otherwise I consider the matter closed.
LAF 17 1.7k
19 Jun 2005 7:32AM
Oooh, get 'im!

;0)
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
19 Jun 2005 7:46AM
Come on, chaps! It's Sunday afternoon and the sun's shining.

And it's me for a glass of beer!

Cheers!

jas
KenTaylor 16 3.1k 2 United Kingdom
19 Jun 2005 9:44AM
Its not shining here Jas, just had a thunder storm.

Yes Geoff I did get the XPan that certainly will not be parted with. It takes some adjustment to composing the shot but boy what a camera.
I am not concerned with scanning so thats not an issue. Could have the film scanned when processed if colour, B&W no problem I do my own. Digital B&W printing does not appeal to me, just not the same quality.
Pinching a thread here, sorry.
Ken

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.