Full Frame vs. APS-C Sensor - Do you really need to upgrade to Full Frame?

thewilliam2 2 1.3k
30 Aug 2019 3:37PM

Quote:
Quote:Isn't the whole of amateur photography based on "want" rather than "need"?

Spending or often wasting money on expensive kit gives a lot of pleasure to a lot of people so why not?

Yes - but there is a lot of self-kiddery involved.Tongue

Yes, but who gets hurt? Apart from the enthusiast's family who might get to eat less often!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse 16 41.3k 270 England
30 Aug 2019 3:50PM
Nobody gets hurt but it makes for a lot of discussion on internet forums and social media.

"I simply must have that new megabucks full frame camera............. so that I can post 640 pixel images of my dog on Facebook. Nothing less is up to the job! Tongue

peterjones 17 4.9k 1 United Kingdom
31 Aug 2019 8:54AM
In answer to the OP .... No, I donít
Carabosse 16 41.3k 270 England
31 Aug 2019 11:17AM
TechRadar has a fairly balanced article here: LINK
31 Aug 2019 10:48PM

Quote:Westcamera you are combining the OP's post with CB's comments. Please acquaint yourself with who said what before scolding people. Now you've set TheWilliam off. He's never going to be settled in time for his nap now.

Thank you for the advice. I was a little off. Sort of grumpy because I had missed my nap. Apologies to all.
bobby55 9 40 United Kingdom
1 Sep 2019 9:23AM

Quote:Which camera bodies are you using and why? [/quote
I use 3 APS-C camera bodies, Sony A100, A330 & Sony A35 mainly down to price with £70 being the cheapest. My firstI bought new for £400 as a novice was the A330 but although it is a very usable camera it lacked features I wished for as I progressed such as DoF button and mirror lock up that was standard on the A100. The A35 I purchased used for £100 on a whim to try a translucent rather than mirrorless system, also for the higher fps and ability to use HSS. I must say I am no fan of the EVF.
My go to camera is the A100, heavy, clunky but the results are very dependable.
At £3499 for the latest Sony full frame A7 mk 4 I can neither afford or justify upgrading (although I daresay I would love the prestige of owning one)

Chris_L 5 5.1k United Kingdom
1 Sep 2019 4:47PM

Quote:This reason why I would not answer the question directly is only the OP knows his circumstances

The OP only joined to promote his then new (24th August) YouTube video which I suspect is [link removed by ePz]

I don't think he was really interested in what we thought, do you?
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
1 Sep 2019 5:06PM

Quote:
Quote:This reason why I would not answer the question directly is only the OP knows his circumstances

The OP only joined to promote his then new (24th August) YouTube video which I suspect is [link removed by ePz]

I don't think he was really interested in what we thought, do you?

Chris - I have removed the link to the OP's vid as it was previously removed by the Mods from his opening post, and there's no point in that if you add it back in here.Smile Only giving him more free publicity...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.