Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Garden Diary - What's Going On In Yours?

bricurtis Plus
15 2.4k 51 England
16 Mar 2021 3:37PM
I'm losing Sparrows fast...... Sparrowhawk is a regular visitor.
Another one gone ! shot this one through patio double glazing this morning down the bottom of garden.

32051_1615908969.jpg
mrswoolybill Plus
14 2.7k 2395 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2021 11:10AM
Here's something that puzzles me - can anyone explain?

Every spring masses of mole hills appear on public amenity grass areas round our way - the areas of grass that are owned and maintained by the council or by housing associations; but I have never seen one in a private garden. Often there are immaculate front lawns immediately adjacent to the affected public grass.

In both cases, public areas and private front gardens, the soil was prepared and seeded by the builders when the estates were built. Can anyone explain why the moles definitely prefer public land?
bricurtis Plus
15 2.4k 51 England
31 Mar 2021 5:10PM
Managed a quick shot of a Bee-fly thats been buzzing around the garden for a few days.

32051_1617206945.jpg
31 Mar 2021 5:18PM
Loads of Ladybirds about at the moment, frisky they are too - not fussy who by all accounts - lots of chasing going on - not much catching...
bricurtis Plus
15 2.4k 51 England
31 Mar 2021 6:01PM

Quote:Loads of Ladybirds about at the moment, frisky they are too - not fussy who by all accounts - lots of chasing going on - not much catching...

It seems to be a good year for Ladybirds we are seeing more than in recent years in our garden.
Only 7 - Spot species though. They are a photographic challenge.Smile
chavender Plus
10 495 1 France
31 Mar 2021 6:06PM
After a bit of chasing and slow, careful movements I managed to capture my first orange tip of the year today.

140396_1617210331.jpg
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
1 Apr 2021 11:39AM
Have just mowed the lawn, pulled up hundreds of sprouting sycamore seeds and cleaned the windows. Now I'm going to hang out the washing for the first time this year.
I'm so easily pleased at the moment. Grin
Thank goodness for the garden.
bricurtis Plus
15 2.4k 51 England
1 Apr 2021 11:07PM

Quote:Have just mowed the lawn, pulled up hundreds of sprouting sycamore seeds and cleaned the windows. Now I'm going to hang out the washing for the first time this year.
I'm so easily pleased at the moment. Grin
Thank goodness for the garden.

Whooosh - wonder woman. 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️😁
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
3 Apr 2021 10:38AM
Good job I did that a few days ago. It's bloomin' freezing again now. Sad
11 Apr 2021 7:40AM
This year we have more fruit blossom than I've ever seen in previous years, the apple trees are simply covered. Mirabelles, cherries and peaches the same. Too early for the Kaki, but it looks promising. The not so good news is a late frost earlier in the week. Hopefully it was not severe enough to do real damage - time will tell.
Ate the first asparagus from the garden yesterday.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.