WEX Deal: Save 500 on the Sony A7R Mark II

GETTING GREEDY?

teepee 17 1.5k England
17 Apr 2003 5:09PM
I always buy my digital supplies from the jersey based companies. MX2 or Photoglossy.COM.The paper I use most is Epson heavyweight matte,it's usually priced in the region of 17.90.When I went to order a couple of packs both Companies only had a new Epson paper priced at 23.50p.I was a bit miffed at this,and wondered why they didn't stock the cheaper paper anymore,then I checked the code no:You guessed it,it's the same bleeding paper only the price has been hiked up a staggering 5.50p.How do they justify such a sharp increase!! I have emailed both companies but as of yet had no reply.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BOB S 18 2.6k
17 Apr 2003 6:46PM
As a fairly regular customer of 7dayshop.com (another channel island company)I had an email message a while ago warning me that Epson prices were due a price hike. This sounds like it has happened, I have not checked 7dayshop prices but generally I reckon Epson are taking the P**S with their prices for consumable and as such only use their ink not their paper (I use Ilford)
If nobody bought Epson products they would have to get real - maybe this is the forum to make a protest vote and start a campaign against their pricing.

BOB
BOB S 18 2.6k
17 Apr 2003 6:53PM
Not sure what you use Tony but 7dayshop.com have Epson 41216 heavy weight matt A3 50 sheets atjust under 18

BOB
Pressman 18 88
17 Apr 2003 7:17PM
7day shop's own Optimum Gloss Paper 260gsm A4 at 14.19 for 50 sheets is a really good buy.I used Epson glossy premium and replaced it with this paper.I have been more than satisfied with its fine output,obviously not quite as good as the Epson,but extremely good value all the same. Pete
teepee 17 1.5k England
18 Apr 2003 11:37AM
BOB,
thanks mate but I already placed an order for 2 packs only to receive an email stating that it's not in stock and they don't know when they will be getting any.........tony
marianne 18 30
18 Apr 2003 7:32PM
I have an Epsom printer which I adore, however the paper I find gives me best results is the Ilford photo pearl paper. I hate it when companies get greedy! The price of the inks is scary although I also buy it from the Guernsey online store MX2 where it sells for much less than anywhere else I've checked out.
marianne 18 30
18 Apr 2003 7:34PM
ooops I mean Epson!
BOB S 18 2.6k
18 Apr 2003 9:02PM
Marianne, I also use the Ilford papers - the one I prefer is the Smooth Glossy, I get mine from 7dayshop - am also at the moment testing the Fuji Multijet glossy - first impressions indicate its base white is a bit "Ivory"

BOB

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.