ePz Exclusive: Save 10% On Eversure Camera Insurance

GH5 VS GH5S: The better hybrid

MUSTDOS 4 11 Lebanon
6 Jan 2019 9:11PM
Does anyone feel that the GH5S is the better hybrid than the GH5?

It has a much better color rendition and ISO performance along with being a multi-aspect ratio sensor.

I don't feel that the 20MP of the GH5 offers that much sharpness than the GH5S.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joshwa Plus
8 872 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2019 11:36AM
For someone doing primarily video, then yes the GH5S is definitely, without doubt, the better choice. But for people who shoot still photos, 10mp is rather limiting.
MUSTDOS 4 11 Lebanon
9 Jan 2019 7:20PM

Quote:For someone doing primarily video, then yes the GH5S is definitely, without doubt, the better choice. But for people who shoot still photos, 10mp is rather limiting.

I know, but some billboard advertisements do not mind using low res photos since the viewing distance is already far and still look fine. Even when viewing 44" HD TV ( 1920x1080 = 2073600 = 2MP ) looks good when viewed from a meter and 4K ( Which the GH5S can do slightly better in resolution ) looks brilliant when sticking your eyes to it. And wouldn't be surprised it would still look well enough when stretched to 80" screens.

What bugs me with the GH5 is the fact that it dragged itself to the megapixel race while keeping all other properties virtually not improved.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.