Your chance to win a Nikon Z 50 Camera Kit!

Glen Etive Pier

Phil_D 13 81 Scotland
25 Jan 2009 6:38PM
Just thought those members who have enjoyed photographing the old wooden pier remains at the end of Glen Etive might like to know that said pier has now been replaced by a much more functional, but sadly much less attractive, stone and concrete structure.

This has been done in the name of taking lorries off the road, as a large forestry operation is about to begin, and the logs are to be loaded onto boats via this new pier.

What with the recent demise of the burger-van stag, and now the disappearing jetty, EPZers will soon have little reason to come north anymore . . . .

Phil.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

conrad 15 10.9k 116
25 Jan 2009 6:43PM

Quote:What with the recent demise of the burger-van stag, and now the disappearing jetty, EPZers will soon have little reason to come north anymore . . . .

Both sad events, but it won't come as far as you think - at least not until they blow up Stob Dearg, make a huge parking area out of Rannoch Moor and block the access road to the Clachaig Inn...

Wink
rowarrior 12 4.4k 9 Scotland
25 Jan 2009 7:29PM

Quote: block the access road to the Clachaig Inn...

They had a pretty good go at that in November with those roadworks Wink
chris.maddock 19 3.7k United Kingdom
25 Jan 2009 7:41PM
And in June Smile
pennyspike 17 2.1k 29 United Kingdom
25 Jan 2009 9:52PM
At least I managed to get a few pictures first. Not too sure about taking pictures of the new one though.Sad
User_Removed 13 2.2k 3 United Kingdom
25 Jan 2009 10:16PM

Quote:
What with the recent demise of the burger-van stag, and now the disappearing jetty, EPZers will soon have little reason to come north anymore . . . .

Not until Alba is bulldozed flat and concreted over.
sut68 16 2.0k 76 England
25 Jan 2009 10:26PM

Quote:Both sad events, but it won't come as far as you think - at least not until they blow up Stob Dearg, make a huge parking area out of Rannoch Moor and block the access road to the Clachaig Inn...

... block the Clachaig??? ... don't even joke about that Conrad ... where'd I get my Haggis, Neeps & Tatties then? Wink
Tooth 15 5.8k 227 Ireland
25 Jan 2009 10:39PM
I hear they're going to put stone cladding on a certain cottage Wink Smile
rowarrior 12 4.4k 9 Scotland
26 Jan 2009 12:20AM
'They' or you Stephen? Wink
Tooth 15 5.8k 227 Ireland
26 Jan 2009 12:39AM
shucks..rumbled Wink
JohnnyGraham 14 102 Scotland
26 Jan 2009 1:08AM
I guess one persons focal point is another persons non functional eye sore.

or some such malarkey hehe.

is the old boathouse still the same?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.