Save 60% On inPixio Eclipse HDR Pro

Glencoe

Fujiconvert 16 1.3k England
22 Jan 2007 8:56PM
Having not been to Scotland in over 20 years,my new other half has booked a B+B in Glencoe.Does anyone have any specific suggestions for interesting areas for landscapes.
Thanks in anticipation,
Phil.
keithh 17 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
22 Jan 2007 8:58PM
Open door...walk out.....set up tripod - you'll not be far off.
Wink
Snapper 16 4.5k 3 United States Outlying Islands
22 Jan 2007 9:16PM
Keith isn't far wrong, but in the meantime go to the Reader Gallery page and use the Search Tags option. Just enter Glencoe to get plenty in the area, but Rannoch and Etive are also worth searching. And have fun when you get there!
Dee_licious1 15 23 United Kingdom
22 Jan 2007 9:21PM
So true Keith. Chris and I went to Lochleven (20 min drive from Glen Coe) in October. Stunning scenery all around the area! Rannoch Mor is somewhere we could have spent all our time.

Loch Etive is just down the road - use a tag search on here to see some stunning shots of that area and loch and if you are lucky on the road down there you will see some deer - we did.

Have a wonderful time!

Dee
jazzygf 17 537 Scotland
22 Jan 2007 9:29PM
Phil, give this website a try www.kingy.com. It is the Kingshouse hotel in Glencoe. They do let rooms and they also have a great webcam to see the weather up round that area.
One thing I would say is take extra film or extra memory cards as you'll want to take picture after picture after picture. Glencoe is an amazing place and are to photograph.
22 Jan 2007 10:36PM
Thanks everyone for replying and thanks especially to you James for that link.
Phil.
jazzygf 17 537 Scotland
22 Jan 2007 10:52PM
Your more than welcome. If your intrested on the way up through Loch Lomand why not stop off at the Falls of Falloch. You will see a sign for it near to the turn for it, well worth a stop and shot if in full flow.
sut68 17 2.0k 77 England
22 Jan 2007 11:21PM
Buachaille Etive Mor - at the start of the Pass of Glencoe,
The Falls of Falloch - on the west side of Loch Lomond,
Lochan na h-Achlaise - Rannoch Moor,
Sisters of Glencoe - Pass of Glencoe,
Loch Leven - looking towards the Pap of Glencoe,
Glen Nevis - nr Fort William.

All in all, pretty much as KeithH said, open the door et voila ;-D All these listed above, are easily accessible by car and a couple of minutes walk max ... there are further beauties to be had by exploring a little too. All of these were taken last year, need to go back again soon to get another Highland 'fix'.

A fabulous place to have as a base to explore. I hope you're there for a while as a week is just enough to do Glencoe justice let alone anything further afield.

HTH, Paul
colin 16 697 5 Scotland
22 Jan 2007 11:42PM
There's also Glen Orchy and Glen Etive all within a relative short drive.
Enjoy yourself.
Colin
daviewat 17 4.1k Scotland
23 Jan 2007 6:08AM
And of course celebrity spotting, ie Jimmy Saville lives in the glen Smile))))))))))))))))))))
23 Jan 2007 6:38AM
Thanks for the links chaps.I knew that you would know the best spots Smile))
Phil.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.