Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Glencoe rollcall

jazzygf 17 537 Scotland
3 Jan 2010 8:40PM
Ok folks not long back from Glencoe and Rannoch Moor today. every time i stopped the car to take a photo of the superb winter scenery. There was a guy or guys with a camera. So the glencoe roll call for today who was all up there? I will start.

Me Jazzygf
JohnParminter 14 1.3k 14 England
3 Jan 2010 9:17PM
I'm G-Coe now in the youth hostel supping Guinness waiting for tomorrow but was in Loch Tulla area this afternoon in the best walking and photo conditions I've seen for yonks, only saw one soul all day and he was a photographer from Ayrshire way.

John
jazzygf 17 537 Scotland
3 Jan 2010 9:26PM
Im from ayrshire
Chris_H 17 1.5k 1
3 Jan 2010 10:17PM
Not at Glencoe at the moment however thinking of proabably going later this week or next week. What is the snow and the roads currently like? I am currently in the Peak District taking pics at the moment and they keep closing a few of the roads and when they are open I have nearly got stuck a few times so I am a bit worried what it will be like in Scotland.
jazzygf 17 537 Scotland
3 Jan 2010 10:29PM
I know its hard to believe but the roads from tyndrum all the way up to glencoe are clear and no ice on them. I was very surprised perhaps my local council should take a look at how to clear snow and ice
KBan 16 512 4 United Kingdom
3 Jan 2010 10:34PM
must be great to be up there now !

Keith
Camairish 15 1.4k Scotland
4 Jan 2010 10:16PM
Just back from Glen Coe today. The roads are clear all the way up from Crianlarich and there is snow from the roadside to the tops in most places.

Take care if you're going up high as there is a lot of windslab at the moment with a pretty decent chance of avalanches. I think the avalanche risk will get worse later in the week.

Mostly overcast today which was a shame but still well worth the early rise to get some decent winter photographs. If you get the chance - go for it while the arctic conditions last!

Ian.
JohnParminter 14 1.3k 14 England
5 Jan 2010 11:54AM
Yes, just to concur with Ian. Walking in nigh-on knee high snow can be very dangerous especially if you are off the beaten track. Hidden ice and deep holes being particularly hazardous as I found out a few times over the weekend... ouch my knee.

John

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.