Get 5% off Loupedeck Live with code: Ephotozine5

Gmail geting logged off continuously

digicammad 17 22.0k 39 United Kingdom
26 Sep 2013 12:43PM
I've just taken advantage of a free upgrade to move from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5. Since the upgrade I have found that my Gmail accounts keep getting signed out in the browser on my laptop, obviously by the phone. This never happened on my iPhone 4, even after I updated to ios7.

Has anybody else come across this and, if so, what is the solution?

Cheers

Ian
psiman 16 574 Wales
26 Sep 2013 12:50PM
I'm using an iPhone 5 with ios7 and did have a problem with Gmail over the weekend but it seems to be OK now. There is a report on the BBc website the Google have admitted to a problem with Gmail on Monday http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24218408
cats_123 Plus
16 5.0k 30 Northern Ireland
26 Sep 2013 12:55PM
Don't have an iphone but do use Gmail....found this thread on their help forum which suggests `push' has been discontinued...perhaps that is the problem?

Push discontinued
26 Sep 2013 1:18PM
Thanks. I can see lots of information about push not working but nothing about whether that could cause the web browser to be logged out of the Gmail account.

I'll keep digging.
26 Sep 2013 1:34PM
Think I've fixed it. Apparently when I set up the new phone it destroyed the link between the 2 Google accounts, so causing Google to think I was signing in from 2 different browsers. By signing in to 1 account and then using the 'Add account' function it seems to have resolved the issue.

It must have just been coincidence that it happened when the phone was checking for mail.
Dann 7 250
26 Sep 2013 7:47PM
I think that's it Ian.
Just updated the office 4s' to '7' and experienced some similar issues although (that said) I run my gmail a/c via an app rather than the built-in email handling in the OS.
26 Sep 2013 7:53PM
Yep it's been spot on since I re linked the accounts.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.