WEX Deals: Sony Summer Cashback - Claim Up To 300

God, I am proud

tomcat 14 6.4k 15 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2012 10:49PM
No explanation neededWink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

orts 9 4 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2012 11:04PM
DITTO
SlowSong Plus
11 8.9k 30 England
4 Jun 2012 11:06PM
My mate Jan. We were there since 8.00am this morning. And she froze on the river yesterday. And she'll be at St Pauls tomorrow. And she's not a well woman. Smile It was a fantastic atmosphere.
img-6052-resized.jpg
scottishphototours 16 2.6k 2
4 Jun 2012 11:14PM
Yep, another proud Nikon user here too.... Wink

Gotta say that the Tweets from @Queen_Uk and @FrankieBoyle have made this evenings event hysterical.

Chezza's finished, Elton's lost it, Tom Jones HAS it and Macca is losing it. Grace has something (not quite sure what though...), Kylie delivered nothing, Annie Lennox was past her sell-by date and Rolf Harris now needs to be surgically removed from the Queen. Alfie Bow's got it, Madness didnae deserve it, the Royals didnae get it and we probably couldnae afford it - but it was a good way to pave the way for Gary B's knighthood!

Thank goodness for the one TRUE superstar. Take a bow Stevie Wonder...

Andy
User_Removed 18 2.8k 11 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2012 11:31PM
Always have been proud!
(Probably always will be.)
cantona43 Plus
14 928 4 United Kingdom
5 Jun 2012 1:06AM
Fantastic scenes, make you even more prouder to be British
macroman 17 15.3k England
5 Jun 2012 9:33AM
We all have our little moans about Britain, (that's our 'uman right as Britons Grin ), but when it comes to putting on a big show no-one can beat us!
The final firework display was excellent, pity the BEEB overlayed the ending with the credits though.

Couldn't help but laugh this morning, some airhead bird interviewing a woman by the roadside said "where have you come from, and why have you come?"

WHY?

Where do they find these people?
rossd 17 1.1k England
5 Jun 2012 9:55AM

Quote:Where do they find these people?

I watched some live coverage of the flotilla of boats going down the Thames on TV and thought the BBC coverage was DIRE!! Banal, infantile and amateurish. I thought the spectacle of all those rowing boats/barges etc. was magnificent enough without some muppet of a BBC presenter asking what the crews of the rowing boats did if they wanted to go to the loo! Then they had John Serjeant wearing a silly hat and talking about......well just talking really.

Where do they find these people indeed.

Apart from that rant, I too am very proud to be a Brit.Smile
collywobles 16 4.0k 10 United Kingdom
5 Jun 2012 10:03AM
I too thought the BBC coverage was dire - they just cannot keep their mouths shut and let the images say it all. They think they have to talk a load of mumbo jumbo for which they know little about. ......... but yeah I too thought the occasion was great, a real credit to the Queen.
macroman 17 15.3k England
5 Jun 2012 10:27AM
I'm only a mere 75, but if I had to do what the Queen did I'd have been knackered by tea-time.Grin
lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
5 Jun 2012 10:31AM
Yup the BBC coverage was terrible - all that money on presenters yet they couldn't afford a few lens cloths!
They seemed obsessed with jumping backwards and forwards through the procession so that the whole spectacle was destroyed.
they even managed to cut away brefly and miss a bit of the set piece at the national theatre.

They could have got away with 2 or 3 presenters but had daft things like John Barrowman on the bell boat instead.
pcheywood 14 1.3k England
5 Jun 2012 10:52AM
Seems that you all weren't the only ones who were unhappy with the beebs pathetic coverage.........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/9311490/The-BBCs-reputation-is-sunk-in-the-Thames.html
SlowSong Plus
11 8.9k 30 England
5 Jun 2012 11:04AM
Apart from Hugh Edwards who is excellent I think most of the presenters on all the programmes have been adequate at best. And absolutely dire at worst. What a shame. At least today's service is being covered well. This weekend is the worst presentation by the BBC I've ever seen, and I'm a great supporter.
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
5 Jun 2012 11:13AM

Quote:The instruction had clearly gone out from on high that the audience would comprise imbeciles with a mental age of three and a 20-second attention span

Going by the quality of programmes on all channels maybe they were right?

The audience possibly thought that it was yet another inane quiz show? GrinGrinGrin Tongue
saltireblue Plus
10 10.6k 61 Norway
5 Jun 2012 11:28AM
Watched it on Sky, and it was pretty good, apart from Kay Burley, whom I could cheerfully throttle...can't stand that woman. Still, I don't expect she speaks very highly of me either!Smile

Malc

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.