The Totally Tamron Website Is Back! Visit Today For All Things Tamron

God Save England

SuziBlue 17 16.2k 10 Scotland
13 Feb 2007 11:26PM

Quote:Sue you seem to come across as if youre against everything English/British?

Not at all. I love my home here. There are lots of things I love about the UK and when I've worked abroad I've always felt a tug at the heartstrings coming back. But what Britain represents to me isn't a nostalgia for things past in the sense of wanting not to live in the present. My nostalgia comes from loving the landscapes, its people wherever they come from, their eccentricities, the vibrancy, the history, the music, the legends, the coastline - I could go on.

I also have a hard-fought-for freedom (not just historical but personal) to speak my mind and to defend my sense of justice and right and wrong - they won't be everybody's definitions but I live in a way that feels fair and just to me. I'm happy to argue the definitions with anyone, which is why these discussion boards are as useful as is a sitting room or a pub or a public meeting.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

13 Feb 2007 11:33PM

Quote:I'd much rather find out why my photos are not sharp from my Dslr and try to improve my photography

In that case you're in the wrong forum. This is off topic .. 8-]
dcash29 14 2.4k England
13 Feb 2007 11:37PM
I go along with your last post i also feel passionate about this country although i feel the majority of people couldnt careless.

One thing i do disagree with though, is you cant interact the same as when youre in a sitting room or pub, things can be taken completely the wrong way.
pcheywood 14 1.3k England
14 Feb 2007 12:15AM
Just read this thread end to end, I can hardly wait to leave this sceptered Isle, just got a few loose ends to tie. I'll take my chances with my Russian/Jew blood disorder, rent my house here, and live a better life elsewhere (where I can be an English minority).

Paul.
tepot 15 4.4k United Kingdom
14 Feb 2007 12:19AM

Quote:One thing i do disagree with though, is you cant interact the same as when youre in a sitting room or pub, things can be taken completely the wrong way.

thats why we need smiley's Wink Wink
cambirder 16 7.2k England
14 Feb 2007 12:36AM

Quote:One thing i do disagree with though, is you cant interact the same as when youre in a sitting room or pub, things can be taken completely the wrong way.

Oh so true, I got myself in trouble earlier today, on of all things an Open University conference board. All my posts end with a sig pinched from Black Adder. Some newbie took one look at what is supposed to be a bit of self-depreciation and assumed the following was aimed at him.

The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr. Brain has long since departed
14 Feb 2007 12:42AM
LOL Cambirder .. I guess that's the thing. Anyone can take offence at anything they choose to - and will .. ;-]

Yep the purely written discussion isn't ideal. We don't hear someone's tone of voice or see their body language or see the smile. But it's not bad considering the huge mix of people we have here and the huge range of ideals. At least on a board you're not going to get a black eye 9-]
jimthistle73 15 2.4k 1 United Kingdom
14 Feb 2007 12:43AM

thats why we need smiley's Wink Wink

or Rowardennan Smile
14 Feb 2007 12:46AM
Yeah but then we just get drunk and fall over.

8-]
dcash29 14 2.4k England
14 Feb 2007 12:48AM
I'm all for that Sue
jimthistle73 15 2.4k 1 United Kingdom
14 Feb 2007 12:49AM
Some might argue that the best communication in the world happens when one is horizontal ;-D
dcash29 14 2.4k England
14 Feb 2007 12:51AM
a lot of people will be vertical after tomorrow Wink)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.