Godox Flash Systems - Any Good?

19 Dec 2017 3:22AM
As a wedding photographer....I have just switched from Profoto to Godox... Sure Profoto is a beautiful... but
I asked them for a speedlight with a Radio Transmitter 5 years ago... It was not on their radar, and moved over
to Godox two years ago... Now I have the complete line and have now mastered it ... Using one light is easy,
but using multiple lights takes some practice.... but it pays off and if you drop it or have it stolen...it's priced to replace without hurting your bank account. Needless to say improvements to their AD600 will come over the next few months... they are on a roll.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

I have the Godox V860ii-c and I use the magmod system with it. For a speedlight this thing is a beast and will do a ton of stuff along with HSS! I love that I don't have to haul around a large light on location now.
mikeweeks 14 978 3 England
23 Jan 2019 10:30AM
I have pretty much the full range from V860II to AD600PRO including the new AD400PRO, fantastic being able to use 1 trigger that controls all of the lighting I can use allowing easy mix and match which is what you need as an event photographer
1 Feb 2019 9:23PM
323703_1549056181.jpg

1 Feb 2019 9:28PM
I shot this image with 2 x Goxox AD600's it was the first day for me to use them out of the box did a few set up shots using my car as the subject then waited till the tractors arrived and shot them as they passed through the woods. Am happy with them as they never failed a shot all day on all the locations i went to. Set up takes some time on the settings but i guess the more i use them the easier getting the correct settings will become easier.
1 Feb 2019 9:33PM

Quote:I shot this image with 2 x Goxox AD600's it was the first day for me to use them out of the box did a few set up shots using my car as the subject then waited till the tractors arrived and shot them as they passed through the woods. Am happy with them as they never failed a shot all day on all the locations i went to. Set up takes some time on the settings but i guess the more i use them the easier getting the correct settings will become easier.

What trigger were you using?

Mike
1 Feb 2019 9:36PM
The trigger was the Godox X Pro Mike
I have several Godox flashes, including the AD 600 that I use. I primarily purchased them because it was hard to find affordable lights that worked with Sony. Overall I have been very happy with the performance of the Godox system.
5 Feb 2019 10:02AM

Quote:The trigger was the Godox X Pro Mike

You have the easiest trigger to use that they make and it should take seconds to set up so the old adage of practice, practice, practice

mike
26 Apr 2019 7:00PM
I have only good things to say about Godox. If you're used to speedlights, go for the AD200 - it's only slightly bigger than a speedlight but a lot more powerful and a lot more useful in a modifier if you use the barebulb head.
russellsnr 14 223 England
5 Aug 2019 10:52AM
Hi, Rather than start a new thread I am dragging this one back up. I use the Godox AD360 can anyone advise if the Godox X1R-C TTL 2.4G Wireless Flash Trigger will work with the AD360 please? Thankyou, Russ.
5 Aug 2019 10:59AM

Quote:Hi, Rather than start a new thread I am dragging this one back up. I use the Godox AD360 can anyone advise if the Godox X1R-C TTL 2.4G Wireless Flash Trigger will work with the AD360 please? Thankyou, Russ.

Yes it will, if it is the newere mark II it has a built in receiver and if it is the older AD360 then you will need a new XT receiver to plug into it

Mike
russellsnr 14 223 England
5 Aug 2019 11:18AM

Quote:
Quote:Hi, Rather than start a new thread I am dragging this one back up. I use the Godox AD360 can anyone advise if the Godox X1R-C TTL 2.4G Wireless Flash Trigger will work with the AD360 please? Thankyou, Russ.

Yes it will, if it is the newere mark II it has a built in receiver and if it is the older AD360 then you will need a new XT receiver to plug into it

Mike

Many Thanks. Russ.
TornadoTys 4 27 United Kingdom
18 Aug 2019 11:39AM
I have read up a lot about the godox system and I mightyly impressed with the AD200. As I would like to actually buy 2 and a couple of triggers for my 580EX mkii and 430 ex mkii.

The wireless system which supports HSS is just amazing . Even the lowest model 300 something can be use as a master trigger for other godox off camera flashes. Gerald Undone has a YouTube video on this.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.