Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Good advice???

doczoc 18 773
16 Sep 2006 1:58PM
Anyonewanna share any goodbits of advice they've received over the years?

One on my favourites is, 'never underestimate the power of a lage group of stupid people'

Just seems realy relevant at the present as there seems to be lot's of groups of stupid people hell bent on making the world a miserable place at the moment. When will people grow up and get along?
Carabosse 18 41.7k 270 England
16 Sep 2006 2:13PM

Quote:lot's of groups of stupid people hell bent on making the world a miserable place at the moment

Yes but there's a reason for that. The ultimate addictions: wealth and power. The people behind it are not stupid at all!

A frightened population will let you (as leader) do as you please so long as you keep them safe from the terrors which, generally speaking, you yourself have either created, covertly encouraged or allowed to happen, in the first place.

"You can take away all my rights if you have to - just don't let the bogeyman get me!"...... we say like a load of sheep!

Who are the stupid ones? Wink
doczoc 18 773
16 Sep 2006 2:33PM
Like I said, never understimate the power of a large group of stupid people, whether they be leaders or followers. BTW even the most intelligent of people can be really stupid in the actions they carry out!

Besides I don't really want a debate on the ills of the world. I understand that I phrased my comments in simplistic terms but thats because it wasn't the focus of this thread.

Anyone want to share their wisdom?
Carabosse 18 41.7k 270 England
16 Sep 2006 2:38PM
"Know thyself"

Best bit of advice ever. Rarely fully understood and even more rarely acted upon.
u08mcb 17 5.8k
16 Sep 2006 4:24PM
Don't antagonise stingrays.
csurry 19 9.2k 92
16 Sep 2006 4:28PM

Quote:'never underestimate the power of a lage group of stupid people'

Well I always thought you should never underestimate the power of one stupid person in a large group Grin
Cephus 16 2.6k England
16 Sep 2006 4:30PM
When you've got a 50/50 chance of getting something right there's a 90 per cent chance that you'll get it wrong :o(

Peter
Nike55 15 966 United Kingdom
16 Sep 2006 4:34PM
1. Keep It Simple

2. Hope for the Best - Plan For The Worst

3. Trust No-One
c_evans99 18 7.0k 1 Wales
16 Sep 2006 4:53PM
Don't poke the bear
jenquest 19 561 1 Tokelau
16 Sep 2006 5:07PM
Speak justly. Not poking the bear also works!!!
AngelaD 16 2.9k Wales
16 Sep 2006 5:46PM
1. Trust no-one

2. Believe in yourself
gcarth Plus
17 4.2k 1 United Kingdom
16 Sep 2006 6:07PM

Quote:Yes but there's a reason for that. The ultimate addictions: wealth and power. The people behind it are not stupid at all!

A frightened population will let you (as leader) do as you please so long as you keep them safe from the terrors which, generally speaking, you yourself have either created, covertly encouraged or allowed to happen, in the first place.

"You can take away all my rights if you have to - just don't let the bogeyman get me!"...... we say like a load of sheep!

Who are the stupid ones? Wink

Well said, Carabosse.

Herman Goering (at the Nuremberg Trial) knew this when he made the following observation:
"The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country".

So nothing new there then...
I think the advice has to be not to be: Don't be taken in by all the propaganda around us and question everything -especially the status quo. (No, not Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt!)

Garth
jeff50 16 162
16 Sep 2006 8:36PM
'never underestimate the power of a large group of stupid people'

That was spooky reading that, having just watched Tony Robinson's (C4) take on the Doomsday Book and the American Evangelists!!!
User_Removed 17 3.3k Russian Federation
16 Sep 2006 8:48PM

Quote:'never underestimate the power of a large group of stupid people'

Goodness How original...
Kris_Dutson 19 8.2k 1 England
16 Sep 2006 8:58PM
For the over sixties...

Never trust a fart.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.