Save 35% On A SmugMug Account Today!

Good Friday and the Doctors are on hols

pcheywood 15 1.3k England
4 Apr 2010 8:37PM

Quote:Even had a smoking room !

bottles of brown ale and Guinness on the nurses Trolly.

Somethings have definitely changed for the better

Why, do they have a full selection of beers, wine, spirits, and duty free fags now? Grin
Paul Morgan 20 19.5k 6 England
5 Apr 2010 5:53PM

Quote:I, like I'm sure many on here, owe their life to the NHS. If it wasn't for quick thinking ambulance team, and then a brilliant nurse in the A&E I wouldn't be writing this. In hospital I lay in bid listening to people moan about NHS food, about nurses not being around them when they thought they needed attention, about it being too hot or too cold, etc and all I could think is it's just a perspective and how you look and cope with things.

edit just looked at the frps link...brilliant I never knew about that. Thanks Paul

Glad you found it useful Smile

For the first couple of years I was forever forgetting to renew my prescriptions, largely due to a hectic life style, I was for ever visiting the surgery for emergency repeat prescriptions Sad
Lynx08 13 1.2k Scotland
5 Apr 2010 6:36PM
What a load of hot air expended here just because one person couldn't be bothered going to the surgery a day earlier. As one of you said, easter holiday has been around for more years than he's been on the meds so he's obviously annoyed because he's been stupid and could have caused himself a problem.
I work in a totally different industry and often handle complaints. Anytime I have someone ranting at me on the phone I always remember what an old manager said to me "they get frustrated and annoyed because they've caused themselves a stupid problem and need somebody else to blame". Seems just like this one!
Paul Morgan 20 19.5k 6 England
5 Apr 2010 7:17PM

Quote:What a load of hot air expended here just because one person couldn't be bothered going to the surgery a day earlier

Some of us lead or have lead hectic busy lifestyles, and can sympathise with Barry for forgetting.
Lynx08 13 1.2k Scotland
5 Apr 2010 7:35PM
Hi Paul,

I too lead a hectic life, out of the house at 7am and back rarely before 6.30pm but that's no excuse.
stevie 17 1.2k 2 United Kingdom
6 Apr 2010 11:05AM

Quote:Obviously you are not old enough to remember the time when we turned up at the surgery at 4pm when they opened to find another 20 "punters" before you, we had to remember who was immediately before us...a trick in it'self....if lucky you were seen before 8pm or told "we're closing now...come back tomorrow"

....I don't 'wanna go back to "the good old days"

I've been working in the NHS long enough to well remember this type of thing.
However, the NHS has always been cost limited (I'm sure that obvious fact hasn't escaped anyone here) - it's just in the past that everyone got everything they needed eventually, the limiting thing being that you had to wait (and wait and wait, sometimes....) More recently, the government has concentrated on limiting waiting - the problem is, in correcting that, something else has to give.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.