Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

Good to go batteries?

MrGoatsmilk 8 1.5k England
13 Aug 2012 11:16PM
Has anyone tried the Good to Go batteries from 7 dayshop? I was looking at Eneloop when I saw the 7DS ones listed. I have used their std NiMH AA batteries before but find they don't seem to hold charge as I would expect and I feel I can't rely on them for use in a flash gun. Duracell ones I have been using seem much better. I can't help but wonder if the 7dayshop NiMH are what they say they are they seem to behave more like NiCAD batteries.

I'm thinking I would be better just going for Eneloop and having confidence in the batteries in my bag.

Thanks

Stu

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

13 Aug 2012 11:29PM
easy read reviews of 7 day shop
13 Aug 2012 11:37PM

Quote:Easy read reviews of 7 day shop

I did look there first however it says "be the first to review this product" so not that easy then.

I have done a Google search and read a few reviews on other sites but thought I would ask here as its one of the best places to ask to get real world experience and it helps to keep the forums going.
scottishphototours 12 2.6k 2
13 Aug 2012 11:38PM
I own 16 sets of Eneloops and 8 chargers, one of the best investments in many years and 100% reliable in the 3 years of using them. Highly recommended!
13 Aug 2012 11:40PM

Quote:I own 16 sets of Eneloops and 8 chargers, one of the best investments in many years and 100% reliable in the 3 years of using them. Highly recommended!

Sounds like they get quite a beating and put up with it without issue.

Cheers for that Smile
Cephus Plus
12 2.2k England
14 Aug 2012 9:08AM
Onother vote for Eneloop, they are the Mutt's Nuts!!
saltireblue Plus
6 6.2k 33 Norway
14 Aug 2012 9:13AM
Eneloops get my vote.
14 Aug 2012 10:13AM
I bought 4 sets of Good to Go and I'm well pleased with them. Also got the trickle charger, which cost about 90p. I had previously been using Tron rechargeable batteries from Lidl, which though being alright, would have lost their charge over the space of a few days. I know Eneloops are reputed to be the best, but Good to Go cost less. I don't know how long they retain charge for, they haven't died yet while lying in the bag!
Coleslaw 11 13.4k 28 Wales
15 Aug 2012 8:56PM

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.