30-Day FREE Amazon Prime Trial - Get Ready For Prime Day 2021

Goodyear Practical Photography

UserDeleted 18 3.6k
22 Mar 2006 4:47AM

Quote:In Cornwall you will find a lot of winning photographers ,in fact one person whos won a lot of awards in your professional organisation comes from a non complex land of cornwall mike so shut up.

Well it seems like the daddy of gulag ePhotozine has spoken, and indeed I am a jaded, sarcastic pro who only cares about money, with no value to add in the forums.

Gib I'm sorry my innocent question in some way caused your thread to go off tracks. Well done for your success - if my belated congratulation means anything now - I'm sorry I didn't realise I had to big you up first before asking a question.

I'll take Mr Frosts advice as it seems that his agressive posts are not moderated and deleted as other, more humourous albeit sarcastic posts are.

So for those of you that know me - you'll know where to find me - and those of you that don't - that want to - use the PM system.

Mike.
ZenTog 19 7.9k 1 England
22 Mar 2006 4:50AM
my posts have been deleted on several occasions where i have gone too far , but this time I dont feel i have.

and I am not always hassling you mike .i did give you the address of the firm in manchester for the wireless transmitter, when you asked for it

as for me being aggressive, you wrote the book on that one, it wasnt me slagging a person off for not having any photo results when googled was it mike
22 Mar 2006 4:59AM

Quote:I'll take Mr Frosts advice as it seems that his agressive posts are not moderated and deleted as other, more humourous albeit sarcastic posts are.

I'm sorry you feel unfairly treated Mike but I can assure you that you get the same treatment as anyone else using this forum. Where posts are considered necessary for moderating they will be, whoever they are by, no one is given preferential treatment. As this one seems to have gone completely off topic I suggest we leave this here.
Marlin_owner 16 658 United Kingdom
22 Mar 2006 5:14AM
Yep, we're 'tyred' of this.

Let's leave the 'drama's' by the 'roadside' and have a 'Goodyear'.

Gib - looking forward to seeing the pic published in Prac Photo.
spaceman 17 5.3k 3 Wales
22 Mar 2006 3:52PM
It's sad that a thread that started in such an optimistic and good-natured manner ended up like this. Why do people love to hijack other people's threads in this manner - it happens so often. It must have left Glen feeling a bit deflated.
steve neil 16 597 Australia
22 Mar 2006 4:53PM

Quote:as for me being aggressive, you wrote the book on that one, it wasnt me slagging a person off for not having any photo results when googled was it mike

oh yes, I remember - I was very hurt by that lol

I think Glenn said it himself

Quote:Doesn't pay the bills, but valuable free advertising and getting me recognised at a national level.

Its good to blow your trumpet and feel proud of anything you have achieved - well done Glenn Smile
KathyW 17 1.8k 12 Norfolk Island
22 Mar 2006 11:47PM

Quote:One of the ten finalist and won 100

Quote:Doesn't pay the bills

Well, it's paid a 100 bill anyway!

Well done Glenn, and good luck in future competitions.
mattw 17 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
23 Mar 2006 4:03AM
Well done Glen!

As for exposure - well it does it you noticed by the editor of the photo mags - and they are always buying photo's arn't they?

PS
Mike and Paul - When did those two get married???

Mattw
ZenTog 19 7.9k 1 England
23 Mar 2006 4:15AM
mike and me married ??
got one wife already dont need a dorset version as well, especailly one that moans so much !!
cramj 15 430 1 United Kingdom
23 Mar 2006 4:16AM
Well done Glen on your achievments .

I find that on some threads there are certain morons hell bent on turning them into slanging matches, For what purpose only they know. May be they think only they should achieve anything.

Sue
ZenTog 19 7.9k 1 England
23 Mar 2006 4:21AM
well i started with giving glen praise for his achievments , then it all went wrong from there on in, but this thread hasnt been hijacked by the even worse morons who just disrupt for the sake of things.
cramj 15 430 1 United Kingdom
23 Mar 2006 4:32AM
If someone achieves some thing no matter how small or large it may be , let's be happy for them .

Sue.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.