Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 10 Ultimate

Google Pages Green Ticks

SlowSong Plus
11 9.0k 30 England
28 May 2020 12:41PM
When using Google, I usually get little green ticks next to the headings indicating a safe site. These have all disappeared this morning and I've been getting an "Is It Safe?"
pop up when trying to get into pages. I've had a failed W10 update (KB4556799), which is well documented as a problem and which I haven't downloaded, but everything else seems to be OK. I use McAfee, which is up to date.
Anyone else had problems?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

28 May 2020 1:38PM
No but I noticed that Google now have a page of adverts for shows, news items etc. when you go to a new tab on your browser so your browser may see this as unsafe. Just a guess Chris.
SlowSong Plus
11 9.0k 30 England
28 May 2020 1:41PM
Yes, I noticed this morning a "Try seaching for" list of options underneath the typing box which wasn't there yesterday. I've looked up on line but can't find anything I can easily understand. I might have to call McAfee and have a live chat with a person as I can't see much on the Help pages.
wsh Plus
2 39 United Kingdom
28 May 2020 10:29PM
I use Norton Safe Search on Google and there is no problem. I allow Norton to remain in control of Google, despite repeated requests from Google to reset to their norms...
Dave_Canon Plus
14 1.8k United Kingdom
28 May 2020 10:34PM
I still get green ticks but I am using BullGuard so it may be a problem with McAfee interfacing with W10. Norton had lots of problems with W10 initially.

Dave
wsh Plus
2 39 United Kingdom
28 May 2020 10:40PM
I don't know about McAfee. I tried it once and my system was still able to be hacked, which resulted in my bank account being cleaned out. Since then I've relied upon Norton, though expensive, it does its job....

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.