Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Graduated blur

dagl Plus
12 1 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2005 4:29AM
Hi, (newbee here ) Can any of you advise me how I can replicate a fading depth of field,using photoshop. I guess I've got to use gausian blur and a gradient...

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Elimare Plus
13 12
12 Nov 2005 6:39AM
Maybe this helps:

Motion Blur

I think it's a similar technique.
conrad Plus
13 10.9k 116
12 Nov 2005 6:48AM
There's a filter you can download somewhere. Now, where did I put that link... If I find it, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, here's an example , and here's the original without the filter . I used it from three different directions, with three different intensities, all of which you can specify in a control panel, along with some other options. Very nifty plug-in!

Pete Plus
16 18.8k 97 England
12 Nov 2005 7:34AM
Create a duplicate layer, apply gaussian blur, add a layer mask. Select the foreground to transparent gradient tool and with the layer mask selected create a gradient. This will ensure sharp areas of the lower layer show through to the upper blurred layer. Use the brush and erasor on the mask layer to adjust blur on areas that should be sharp or blurred.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.