30-Day FREE Amazon Prime Trial - Get Ready For Prime Day 2021

Granting exclusive rights to a photograph

BillyGoatGruff 14 191 199 England
15 Jul 2011 5:30PM
Will do....haven't heard a peep yet!
Which probably means they think it's crap cause I didn't shoot it on gazillion megapixel phase one superblad!

I remain optomistic, however.....Wink
4 Aug 2011 3:01PM
UPDATE:

(Well, for those interested, anyway)

I'm happy now to reveal that the National Trust have accepted my colour a mono images of Tyntesfield House into their Photo Library.
Although there's no real money involved other than a possible trickle accruing from any usage fees after they take their massive commission, I feel moderately triumphant in being accepted.
I've just sent off the contract and the images will be uploaded before too long.
Slightly disappointed to not have been offered an up-front fee, but this is a first for me and, more importantly, it's a big foot in a big door.
Apparently I will now be an Accredited NT Photographer (which I think means that eager NT staff won't kill me when I reveal my camera kit) and I'll have a letter to prove it! I've been instructed to "keep it my camera bag!"
The door is now open to sumbit further images to them should I wish to.
I think that if I want make any money, I will have to submit thousands! But it's a start.
In truth, I'm probably a very small fish in a very large pond.... but today it feel pretty cool!

So...thanks to all who contributed to this thread. It's most appreciated.

Last, but very much not least, is a HUGE "THANK YOU" to KeithH for an incredible amount of feedback, advice and all round useful snippets of information and experience: clearly, he knows everything!
Thanks Keith. Smile Smile

So, I suppose I can declare the NT a "Client."
I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Joe comes round to ask for my autograph...Wink

Cheers all...onwards and upwards...Wink Smile

Bill
pmorgan 14 217 13 England
4 Aug 2011 3:07PM
Excellent news Bill - very well done Smile

Rgds
Paul
4 Aug 2011 3:21PM
Cheers, Paul! Smile
whipspeed 16 4.2k 22 United Kingdom
4 Aug 2011 3:41PM
That is good news, well done.
4 Aug 2011 3:53PM
Thanks Sarah - I'm expecting my royalties to start arriving sometime next century...Wink
whipspeed 16 4.2k 22 United Kingdom
4 Aug 2011 9:28PM
LOL, but you got in, so good start.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.