50% Off Portrait Pro + An Extra 15% For EPZ Members With Code: EPZ421

Great service from SRS Watford.

Belleyeteres 10 264 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2016 2:18PM
I purchased a Pentax lens from SRS Watford last year. It developed a small fault. I spoke to SRS and with out hesitation they arranged for a courier to collect the lens from me the next day with no charge to my self. The same day they received the lens back I received an email stating they also could see the fault. They said that they would be dispatching me a complete new lens. The problem sorted from start to finish in less then a week.
I am always been a bit reluctant to order some items by mail order in case things need repair but SRS have given me first class service and will certainly be using them in the future.
franken Plus
18 5.2k 4 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2016 10:58PM
I've used them in the past and found the service to be excellent.

Ken
peterjones 19 5.1k 1 United Kingdom
30 Jan 2016 10:51AM
It is excellent that a retail outlet has survived the storm of internet competition and has a good reputation for customer service ..... perhaps a lesson for UK industry at large?
lemmy 13 2.9k United Kingdom
30 Jan 2016 5:22PM
I buy most of my stuff there. Good prices and friendly and fast service plus they often seem to get delivery of new cameras very quickly.

I agree with peterjones, if more local photographic shops were like them, more might have survived. Having said that, although I usually call in the shop to pick up stuff, a lot of their trade must be online so maybe they aren't so reliant on local footfall.

Even after more than 50 years taking pictures for a living, I still am captivated by the masses of gear in their window, especially the second hand stuff. Worth stopping off at Watford if you are on your way to London from the north just to window gaze, actually.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.