Greeting Card and Calender Printers.

hellsbells8868 11 151 2 Wales
4 Sep 2008 5:21PM
Hi
I am looking to produce greeting cards, i have tried myself with various photo papers, and packs that you can buy but don't find the paper thick enough...
The best i have had so far are the type you slot a photo into, but this isn't the look i want...
I am looking for a printers and have found a few online but am wondering have anyone else found a decent one where the costs are low and the run isn't 500 per image...
Thanks Helen

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Windmillskies 14 183 England
4 Sep 2008 5:31PM
Hi Helen

Can't recommend a printer, but have you tried using blank cards from craft creations rather than photo papers etc. You can buy as many or as little as you want from their online store.

Martin
CathyT 13 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
4 Sep 2008 5:35PM
You could sent Alex an e-mail at Fileprint , he's open to new ideas and would probably accommodate you. Especially with Christmas coming up I reckon he could do something.

Read THIS for calendar printing.

Yes they do do Christmas cards HERE
zed 15 551 United Kingdom
4 Sep 2008 5:42PM
Photobox have started doing it too. - Greetings Photobox I think they've called it.
4 Sep 2008 8:04PM
Thank you everyone.....
So far i have just made a calender from Fileprint, i will see what happens and then email about cards.....
Going to look at Craft creations for card now....
dragarth 15 247 1 Scotland
6 Sep 2008 10:34PM
hi helen i ended up using bonusprint and have to say the quality is superb but the options are not the best and they are not the cheapest.. if you find a decent cheap one let me know too for gods sake please i have stopped looking because of all the bs..

sean
9 Sep 2008 11:45AM
I tried Fileprint but couldnt get to grips with the card mking software part of it, tried a calender, cute, but my dark pics didnt come out as good as the light, but will i have that problem anywhere???

I ordered a sample form th following company and for the money i think they are the best so far, 30 min order, but can have mix of images, over 50 gets free postage, comes with envelope and cello wrap..., the standard size is 75p others slightly dearer.....they are laser printed on white card, i have emailed a card blanks supplier for ink jet proof with a gloss so they look like decent greeting cards, havent had a reply yet, it is a like looking for a needle in a haystack....
I have found www.imex-print.co.uk , they do a smaller run, but it works out 45 ish for 20, 100 is alot cheaper and there are other options too, and that is for one image, i am going to have a go at blanks myself as my printer is fab, i am also going to get some of your image here's done and then probably bite the bullet and go dearer...

http://www.yourimagehere.co.uk/
9 Sep 2008 11:49AM
Just trying photobox now.... will keep updating lol...
9 Sep 2008 11:50AM
Also trying all other mainline like prontoprint etc etc.....i am on a serious mission...
29 Sep 2008 9:10PM
It is so hard finding anyone decent.......especially with any hint of a dark image.....
I think i am going down the print them myslef route with card blanks from Craft creations, also another photographer told me that she gets her photos printed out at her local store then mounts them onto a card blank of her choice, this way the card can be glitter, wavy etc etc and coloured to match without altering the quality of colours.....I am going to give this a go.....
EventHorizon 10 22 United Kingdom
7 Aug 2009 2:11PM
Some other places are:
Redbubble link
VistaPrint link

Few others link

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.