Zoner Photo Studio X: The photo editor for your entire workflow

Guest Editors

Mozzytheboy 12 710 4 United Kingdom
25 Jan 2014 5:58PM
I must confess as a complete eejit I would be delighted to be a guest Ed Smile

Mozzy
fazzer 13 54 7 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2014 9:51AM
Why not put the GEA system to the vote with perhaps a mini multiple choice on the number of award limitations per day.........the staff appear very uninterested on this subjectTongue
SlowSong Plus
14 10.4k 30 England
26 Jan 2014 11:22AM
I would rather be able to save up my UAs so that I can maybe vote for more than one picture per day, but only 7 per week.
Some days I don't find anything to give a UA to, but other days there might be 3 or 4.

It's too tempting to give out too many GEAs without proper thought.
x
bricurtis Plus
17 2.7k 53 England
26 Jan 2014 4:31PM

Quote:I would rather be able to save up my UAs so that I can maybe vote for more than one picture per day, but only 7 per week.
Some days I don't find anything to give a UA to, but other days there might be 3 or 4

My preference would be to go back to 1 UA per week per member. Then perhaps people would spend some time thinking about what images are really worth the award, not handing them out like sweets all week long.Smile
teocali Plus
14 442 18 England
26 Jan 2014 4:35PM

Quote:I would rather be able to save up my UAs so that I can maybe vote for more than one picture per day, but only 7 per week.
Some days I don't find anything to give a UA to, but other days there might be 3 or 4
My preference would be to go back to 1 UA per week per member. Then perhaps people would spend some time thinking about what images are really worth the award, not handing them out like sweets all week long.Smile

I agree with Brian. I very rarely give my UA away every day Smile
lawbert 15 1.8k 15 England
26 Jan 2014 6:31PM
Lets not forget that theres not even a Editor anymore let alone a Guest OneWinkTongue

The site is gently blowing about in the breeze without someone steering its courseWink
SlowSong Plus
14 10.4k 30 England
26 Jan 2014 7:06PM
Like the country then. Run by the civil servants. Wink
tomcat 17 6.4k 15 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2014 7:27PM

Quote:I agree with Brian. I very rarely give my UA away every day

We knowWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink
saltireblue Plus
12 13.2k 83 Norway
26 Jan 2014 7:29PM

Quote:Lets not forget that theres not even a Editor anymore let alone a Guest OneWinkTongue

The site is gently blowing about in the breeze without someone steering its courseWink

No it isn't....Pete has handed over the reins to tj, but now we are seeing that the whole team is involved in decision making. You might not see it yet. They were before, it was just that Pete was the one who made all the decisions public, as it was his site.
The team are a democratic entity with tj at the wheel.

Quote:Like the country then. Run by the civil servants. Wink
So far from the truth.Wink
26 Jan 2014 7:29PM

Quote:Why not put the GEA system to the vote with perhaps a mini multiple choice on the number of award limitations per day

Isn't that democracy?

I rest my case
keithh 18 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
26 Jan 2014 7:35PM
Why democracy? Has anyone ever told you it's a democracy? You're a member of a website that belongs to someone else. Nobody ever said the membership had to be consulted at every point.

Yes, EPZs line of communication to its members whether collectively or individual can, sometimes, be slow, lacking and non existent ( Wink ) but it has never been and cannot be a democracy.
saltireblue Plus
12 13.2k 83 Norway
26 Jan 2014 7:36PM

Quote:Why not put the GEA system to the vote with perhaps a mini multiple choice on the number of award limitations per day

Isn't that democracy?

I rest my case

Democracy is also allowing the people who own and run the site, and who decide its future direction, to make such decisions, taking members wishes into account, or not, or partially, if that is what they wish...this is not the Co-opSmile
26 Jan 2014 7:48PM
Methinks the last two posters missed my pointSad

My reply was intended for Fazzer, stating that what he suggested was democracy - I know that this site is not run by any democratic principals

How could it be, or it would become the modern version of Animal farm Wink

If it was left to umpteen thousand members to decide things, we would end up going around in a large self opinionated circleGrin
26 Jan 2014 8:07PM

Quote:Lets not forget that theres not even a Editor anymore let alone a Guest OneWinkTongue

One would assume that that the management are taking their time to recruit a new Editor so that they make the right appointment.
NaturesHaven 11 283 6 England
26 Jan 2014 8:17PM
I suspect EPZ will become a review and advertising only site in due course.........then all arguments about awards etc will no longer be relevant.......SadSadSad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.