Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

H300 Xoom

17 Jul 2019 2:56PM
Wondering if anyone can help me out here, on the H300 after youíve took a picture and you go to the gallery it allows you to zoom into the picture and move the shot around but after youíve done that I canít find a way to save it as a new picture which is annoying since thereís a couple pictures Iíve got that Iíd like to zoom in on.

If anyone knows how to do it would be appreciated, cheers
17 Jul 2019 8:04PM
Are you referring to the view on the back screen of the camera? If so you will need to download the photos to a Photo editing program, and from there you can crop the image to the view you want. Google for Photo editing software to find something which suits your purpose. It isn't possible (as far as I am aware) to save the images on your camera. I believe that the facility to zoom in is to enable the photographer to see if the detail they want has been captured in the shot. The zoom function is actually an enlargement of the image and may well cause some fall off in the actual definition of the photo. Any given camera has a specific maximum pixel count. Zooming in does not increase that pixel count, it simply enlarges the view on the screen in a particular area. The screen is probably giving you a view that is only a fraction of the actual size, so when you download the image into a Photo software programme and go to 100%, you can crop off bits of the photo which you don't want.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.