Save 10% On Used Camera Equipment & Lenses From CameraWorld! Use ePHOTO at checkout.

Hard and fast rules

oll1e 12 57 2 United Kingdom
4 Nov 2007 4:14AM
Hi folks ,
As a newbie on this site i was wondering if there are any hard and fast rules about getting/recieving comments on pics .? As it seems my pics have bombed on here ,so i wondered if i was posting them correctly,or is it a case of patting each other on the back
also would joining E2 make a lot of diffrence,do most folk prefer to view large ? or are they quite happy with the normal size .
too many questions ,sorry about that .......lol
ollie

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
4 Nov 2007 5:18AM
No rules on such and the subject of how to get clicks and comments has been covered so many times that a quick forum search will find hundreds of threads about when to post how to "use the system" Look up click or clique or upload in the forum search.
There is a fair bit of patting on the back and you get that by joining in which is the same process if you go into a pub or talk to someone on a bus. The more you get involved the more "rewarding" it can be.
The thing to really be aware of is the quality of comments. If you're after simple praise that's easy. Quality commenting has to be encouraged, and that's up to everyone to make happen. The tools are there, they just need using.
Joining e2 shouldn't gain you extra comments, but it will give you a lot of extra features that, to many, have been worth renewing each year.
Most users will view standard size and look at large when they see a shot they want to explore, absorb. We don't have stats for the percentage of shots to be opened up to big. I'll see if we can start recording that data.
looboss 12 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
4 Nov 2007 8:26AM
I know of one! to get lots of comments on the forums start another click thread, to get them on your pics upload total stunner's everyday and be honest with your critiques on others. Be polite helpful and participate to get known and liked, there you go, you will have them eating out of your hand before long.

Now, where I'm I going wrong? ah yes! the total stunners bit Hmmmm Sad
4 Nov 2007 8:53AM
"Only in growth, reform, and change, paradoxically enough is true security to be found." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Please ignore what follows if it is at all inappropriate.

This month represents my first anniversary on EPZ.

When I joined clicks and comments were a mystery to me. How and why they seemed to flow towards other people's images and avoid mine bruised my ego! However I quickly learned that the ego gets in the way of continuously learning and improving my photography, so I let my ego go... .

Now I spend a lot of time enjoying other people's amazing work, including the great images that Pete, Horse and Looboss share with us, while learning to see the world as a photographer and realising that the image is always more important than the rules.

I suspect that you already know what happens to your own clicks and comments as you apply Anne Morrow Lindbergh's suggestion?

Have fun

Stephen
MikeRC 14 3.6k United Kingdom
4 Nov 2007 10:07AM
....well that's worth a click Stephen....LOL

....Mike
digipix76 12 577 England
4 Nov 2007 10:54AM
For me it's who gives you a click not how many! after all they dont convert into pounds do theyWink

Ian
4 Nov 2007 11:06AM

Quote:For me it's who gives you a click not how many! after all they dont convert into pounds do they

Ian

Would I be right in saying since I am not a pro or even a good ameteur that my vote does not count for anything then?
How do you distinguish who is worthy of this merit that counts as a worthy vote and who is not?
IanA 15 3.0k 12 England
4 Nov 2007 11:16AM
For me, every click is worth it's weight in gold!

(Now someones going to point out they don't weigh anything! Wink)

I appreciate every one, and hope those I give are appreciated in the same way!

Ian Smile
digipix76 12 577 England
4 Nov 2007 12:31PM
Would I be right in saying since I am not a pro or even a good ameteur that my vote does not count for anything then?
How do you distinguish who is worthy of this merit that counts as a worthy vote and who is not?Quote this post

Taken in the wrong context looboss! i mearly meant that if i only get 10/12 or less votes and someone i respect within that catagory, be it portrait/ landscape etc clicks then i'm pleased! i dont discriminate between Pro/Am good or bad

Ian
Just Jas 17 26.3k 1 England
4 Nov 2007 1:24PM
"A click is just a click" is often said.

"A comment is only that person's opinion" is often said.

Hmmmm.......
4 Nov 2007 1:41PM
and opinions are like bums everyone has got one Wink
4 Nov 2007 2:18PM

Quote:And opinions are like bums everyone has got one

And some talk out of it! LOL!
oll1e 12 57 2 United Kingdom
4 Nov 2007 2:26PM
Thanks for your input on this,i am not worried in the least about clicks (i should have made this a bit more clearer) but that folk have looked.I do appreciate comments good or bad as it all helps .
I also think this is a great site as most on here are very helpful, and as i have been finding out, there is a wealth of knowledge on most subjects concerning photography .Thankyou very much guys
ollie
4 Nov 2007 2:33PM
Also a bit of humour, as you will have noticed! Smile
tomcat 13 6.4k 15 United Kingdom
4 Nov 2007 6:57PM

Quote:I appreciate every one, and hope those I give are appreciated in the same way!

Well stated Ian

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.