ePz Exclusive: Save 10% On Eversure Camera Insurance

Hard and fast rules

looboss 12 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
4 Nov 2007 7:03PM

Quote:I appreciate every one, and hope those I give are appreciated in the same way!

Ian

well, when you do, I will sure appreciate it! Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

oll1e 12 57 2 United Kingdom
5 Nov 2007 2:08AM
jas , guys ,i think you said it right ,have a laugh and get plenty of fun and joy out of your photography and ian ,youre spot on with that statement
ollie
tepot 15 4.4k United Kingdom
5 Nov 2007 5:20AM

Quote:i was wondering if there are any hard and fast rules about getting/recieving comments on pics

well you can upload pics of naked or semi naked women, they usually do well, you can also try pics of kids, they usually get the "isn't she/he cute' comments along with the 'click' but not from me ( i hate kids)!

another method is to spend time chatting in the forum since popularity has a huge effect on the number of clicks/comments you get, it's kinda like a pat pat club, you know you pat my back and i'll pat yours sorta thing, you can also spend hours in the gallery clicking and commenting on other peoples images in the hope that some might reciprocate.

My advice though is just take the pics you like and enjoy your hobby.
5 Nov 2007 12:41PM
Hey i'm on your side Terry ...lol ,plus i really enjoy my hobby so much more now than i ever did before.I also like to find fresh mostly unknown places, or put a different slant and try not to follow everyone else's shots .Its what makes our hobby so much fun.
ollie
looboss 12 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
5 Nov 2007 5:06PM
don't upload pics of green doors for guds sake people are terrified of opening the thumbnail up LMAO!
samfurlong 13 2.5k United Kingdom
5 Nov 2007 9:41PM

Quote:As a newbie on this site i was wondering if there are any hard and fast rules about getting/recieving comments on pics .? As it seems my pics have bombed on here

LMAO welcome to EPZ!!!
My pics all bomb too and I have been a photographer for longer than i care to remember, I shoot for most of the national newspapers and occasionall some foreign ones too and my pics on here never get any attention (woe is me!!).
Don't worry about getting clicks, it's a bit of a sad obsession really. If its constructive criticism you're after then you'll soon figure out who the movers and shakers are on here. If you respect someones work and would value their opinion then there's no harm in a PM to ask them if they have time to take a look at you latest efforts and give you a few pointers.
6 Nov 2007 4:15PM
Thanks Sam, good advice as well as just pats on the back are ok for the ego ,but don't really help you advance much .....lol
so hows sunny Gloucestershire ? i used to live in Newent .
ollie

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.