WEX Offer: Save 50 On The Olympus OM-D E-M1X

Has any one bought a lens from Amazon ?

JanieB43 12 49 6 England
1 Oct 2009 9:52PM
I've bought a sigma 10-20 from them - excellent service and quite a bit cheaper than some other retailers too !!
Jane
EleanorMaw 11 110 United Kingdom
5 Oct 2009 6:13PM
I have bought from eBay but every time I have tried to buy from Amazon something goes wrong and my order has not been excepted, I have given up on them now, I tried to buy some CD's from Amazon with no success so I bought the CDs from HMV with no problem.
JackAllTog Plus
11 6.1k 58 United Kingdom
5 Oct 2009 7:16PM
amazon is fine, the market place is no better than ebay.
Like lots of others got a 50mm f1.8 from amazon, its fine.
Though i have also bought lenses from ebay with no problems. As long as price is ok amazon is a preferred supplier.
EleanorMaw 11 110 United Kingdom
5 Oct 2009 8:40PM
I am sure that when one can buy a lens from Amazon it's fine, it's just for some reason every time I tried to buy something from them and thought I was getting somewhere something at the end told me my order had not been excepted, somewhere something is going wrong, maybe it's just my bad luck but I think Amazon must of lost at least 1000 worth of sales from me, I have never failed to buy from other sites.
kmanic 11 3
6 Oct 2009 9:10PM
I am a big fan of Amazon. Service is great. If something is faulty they send another one out without quibbling, even before you have sent the old one back!!

I bought a Sigma 30mm 1.4 for my Canon last December. When I made the purchase they gave me very clear warning that it would take 1 month to arrive. There must have been some mistake with the price because it was a about 70 less than other retailers, but once you've paid they will honour the sale (it seems), even if they haven't dispatched it.

The lens was actually dispatched within a a week which was good.

You will find lenses cheaper on Ebay though... they are sometimes a VAT/duty dodge from Hong Kong, so in theory your goods could be intercpeted by customs who will deliver it with a tax bill.
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
9 Oct 2009 11:30AM
In the last fortnight I have bought from Amazon Marketplace (Cameras-4-u) 2 items.
1) an EOS 33 body
2) battery grip for the above.

Both were delivered within 2 working days and appear to be in excellent condition.

I would use them again.
jas
jondf 14 2.8k
13 Oct 2009 2:06PM
If only they were a bit more competatively priced on camera equipment. They do sometimes undercut the competition though and their customer service is second to none (30-day no quibble returns and immediate exchange of faulty goods)
15 Oct 2009 5:12PM
I've purchased a lot of kit there over the years. The prices are low (sometimes not the best, try google shopping for rock-bottom deals) and the delivery is good. One to recommend!
jondf 14 2.8k
15 Oct 2009 7:24PM

Quote:...their customer service is second to none (30-day no quibble returns and immediate exchange of faulty goods)

They're now offering free UK delivery on everything! Highly recommended.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.