Has anyone heard from Nathan?

cats_123 Plus
15 4.9k 28 Northern Ireland
29 Apr 2016 8:43AM
Hi...Nathan's (NDODS) account has been quiet for nearly a month now,,,very unlike him...just wondered if anyone has heard any news?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KingBee Plus
13 532 2 Scotland
29 Apr 2016 9:22AM
Was wondering the same thing. Bit like Mikbee, who has disappeared from our view; alas, probably for good.

Inevitably ePz members we know will fall off the radar and we may never know what's happened to them. Let's hope there is good news.

Regards.
Bob
TanyaH Plus
16 1.3k 395 United Kingdom
29 Apr 2016 9:30AM
Pranav (pranavmishra) is another one I've not seen around for a while now ... last logged in early March and that's the date of his last upload too. Which was, worryingly, titled 'I am in a very big trouble' ...
Kurt42 16 2.9k 1 United Kingdom
29 Apr 2016 10:15AM
Anyone sent them a PM?
Jasper87 Plus
9 2.2k 157 England
29 Apr 2016 10:35AM
I guess he must be taking a break, he's alive and kicking on other sites.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
29 Apr 2016 10:43AM

Quote:... he's alive and kicking on other sites.

That's good to know.
cats_123 Plus
15 4.9k 28 Northern Ireland
29 Apr 2016 11:27AM

Quote:

That's good to know.

Hear, Hear Smile
Ross_D Plus
5 838 1 United Kingdom
29 Apr 2016 11:36AM
Does make you wonder why members leave................ are they bored with the site or bored with photography ? I can remember a few regulars who have similarly disappeared .... greenmeany, coleslaw, steinbeck (??) and that guy (Paul somebody I think ??) from Cornwall who did the amazing surfing shots.
TanyaH Plus
16 1.3k 395 United Kingdom
29 Apr 2016 11:42AM

Quote:That's good to know.

Quote:Hear, Hear Smile

Yeah, ditto again. He did used to worry me sometimes!

Would be good to know about Nathan, though, if anyone's got any news?
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
29 Apr 2016 12:10PM
Anyone wondering about a member who has gone AWOL can always send them a PM....whether you get a reply or not is another thing, of course...
sherlob 13 3.1k 129 United Kingdom
29 Apr 2016 2:53PM

Quote:Anyone wondering about a member who has gone AWOL can always send them a PM....whether you get a reply or not is another thing, of course...

Actually that gives me a good idea - unless it's already there and I don't know it!

Would it be possible to link our home email account to the personal message service (even as a notification)?

Adam
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
29 Apr 2016 3:09PM

Quote:
Quote:Anyone wondering about a member who has gone AWOL can always send them a PM....whether you get a reply or not is another thing, of course...

Actually that gives me a good idea - unless it's already there and I don't know it!

Would it be possible to link our home email account to the personal message service (even as a notification)?

Adam

It already exists, Adam. In your settings, you can choose whether or not to receive an e-mail when someone sends you a PM.

Malc
29 Apr 2016 4:34PM
Glad to hear Nathan is O.K.
Sylvia
franken Plus
17 4.9k 4 United Kingdom
29 Apr 2016 4:45PM

Quote:Does make you wonder why members leave................ are they bored with the site or bored with photography ? I can remember a few regulars who have similarly disappeared .... greenmeany, coleslaw, steinbeck (??) and that guy (Paul somebody I think ??) from Cornwall who did the amazing surfing shots.

Some may have simply taken time out from the site?

I did many years ago and was absent for about a year.

Coleslaw logged into the site on the 27th April 2016 and Nathan did the same on the 17th April 2016.

Not uploading or commenting doesn't necessarily mean they've left the site.

Ken
Nick_w Plus
12 4.3k 99 England
29 Apr 2016 4:49PM

Quote:Does make you wonder why members leave................ are they bored with the site or bored with photography ? I can remember a few regulars who have similarly disappeared .... greenmeany, coleslaw, steinbeck (??) and that guy (Paul somebody I think ??) from Cornwall who did the amazing surfing shots.

Coleslaw's fine (well matter for debate Wink ) and still taking images, tho posts on FB and his website these days.
Jerry was banned from the sitte as I recall, but is active on FB.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.