Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Have just noticed Lucien (ljh) has deleted his portfolio. Wassup???

Attention!

This topic is locked.

digicammad 17 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
27 Jun 2005 3:33AM
Arnie, regardless of your feelings the correct way to put up a complaint about a specific member is by emailing Pete or, where relevant, using the abuse/errors report link. Please keep it out of the forums.

Ian
arnieg 16 704 England
27 Jun 2005 3:41AM
ian
i was stating the fact as what has happen to luicen from a menber of ephotozone
he has now come into the forum and had another go at luicen
with more comments that are untrue
arnie
raziel_uk 16 4.9k
27 Jun 2005 3:44AM
Still, Ian's point remains. You should really hit the report error/abuse link or email Pete direct.

Ashley
27 Jun 2005 3:46AM
Yes I appreciate that Arnie but the report abuse button is still the way to go.

To Danphil - you obviously don't understand how copy and paste works if you believe ljh's comments were made that way.

Ian
covey 16 1.7k Ireland
27 Jun 2005 3:49AM
I think Danphil has made his comments openly and they deserve to be challenged in the same manner as they have been. Letting people away with such is simply wrong.
raziel_uk 16 4.9k
27 Jun 2005 3:53AM

Quote:Freedom of speech and all that. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you can ban it.

But along with "Freedom of Speech" comes responsibility, Michael.

Are you really saying that you wouldn't want Peter or the other moderators to delete derogatory comments someone might make over your family or relations - whether true or not?

Ashley
arnieg 16 704 England
27 Jun 2005 3:54AM
the report and abuse button was used by luicen
has not had a great effect on the comments being posted
with all the comment s being spread around
let it come out in the open
i will add that this was not the only reason Luicen as left the site as pete and as been made aware of by emails from luicen

arnie
heidilee 17 901
27 Jun 2005 3:54AM
Luciens recent gallery comments are clearly not copy and pasted, and if they were he needs his computer checked.

Danphil, maybe before accusing someone of something openly in the forums you should check your facts. Its that sort of attitude that can cause a lot of unnecessary grief.

Heidi
27 Jun 2005 3:56AM
All fair points and things of which I was not aware. In which case Arnie, you may have been better making your point more specific rather than just saying you wanted to use the red card.

Ian
raziel_uk 16 4.9k
27 Jun 2005 3:57AM
I smell a lock coming!

This is starting to stray into the area of personal attack.

It is one thing to state something objectively that you don't agree with, but another just to start attacking others. Just because they've done it does it make it right that you should?

Ashley
covey 16 1.7k Ireland
27 Jun 2005 4:00AM
Ian,

me who mentioned the red card. A preferable option by far, than losing valuable memebers imo.

T.
mark a. 16 920 United Kingdom
27 Jun 2005 4:03AM
Or, just lock this thread to avoid yet another senseless bun fight.
arnieg 16 704 England
27 Jun 2005 4:05AM
i as hopeing that ephotozine would put out a statment with the facts
rather than leave it to the guess work of the members
arnie
raziel_uk 16 4.9k
27 Jun 2005 4:05AM
I agree with you to a point, Mark. But of course people have a tendency to start another thread up about a thread that has just been locked.

I used to be a member of Pinguish and on there you had a warning rating, which went up in percentage points. Different misdemeanors got different percentages. Reach 100% and you were banned.

Ashley
27 Jun 2005 4:06AM
Doh, I'm having one of those Mondays!

Anyway, unfortunately ePz is subject to the same percentages as the real world and there is no way of totally eliminating problems. I suggest we all leave this now, perhaps anybody who knows Lucien can let him know how much support there is for him here.

Ian