Save & earn with MPB; trade-in and buy pre-loved

HC/EC gallery

csurry 20 9.2k 92
16 Nov 2009 4:04PM
I'd do it but as discussed people would complain about the lack of awards Tongue

I think the time commitment would be too great.
lawbert 15 1.8k 15 England
16 Nov 2009 4:25PM
First of all Thanks to Pete for listening and making what is a very positive change on the site...I tip my hat to you guvnor.

Secondly Good Luck to Mike and I hope he finds being Guest Editior a very positive experience and enjoys himself in the process.

Thirdly if the GE is a success and is to continue then I would like the opportunity to be GE it in a future week.

Mike had said in the thread that he works 12 hour shifts as many do, including myself without the time to get onto a PC at work other than for work tasks.

For myself I would find I had more time on an early shift as I am home in the afternoon and would have more time to devote to the GE.

If there are enough takers (which I hope there will be) then possibly people could put forward a week when they have the optimum time to take the GE,s role as Pete intends it to be.
Pete 21 18.8k 97 England
16 Nov 2009 4:33PM

Quote:If there are enough takers (which I hope there will be) then possibly people could put forward a week when they have the optimum time to take the GE,s role as Pete intends it to be.

Good idea. Throw your names into this forum thread hat.
Also you don't have to do it daily through the week. I, for example, was away all Saturday and Sunday in the day so caught up with those two days on Sunday evening. Ideally the best way is to nip in and out at regular intervals (two or three times each day) so it's not a huge task at one point.
This prevents one criticism that no awards have being chosen for a few days which was fired a few times at the PA Team method.
WildLight 15 145 3 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2009 4:40PM
Would love to have a go at this!

Joe
lawbert 15 1.8k 15 England
16 Nov 2009 4:47PM

Quote:Good idea. Throw your names into this forum thread hat.
Also you don't have to do it daily through the week. I, for example, was away all Saturday and Sunday in the day so caught up with those two days on Sunday evening. Ideally the best way is to nip in and out at regular intervals (two or three times each day) so it's not a huge task at one point.
This prevents one criticism that no awards have being chosen for a few days which was fired a few times at the PA Team method.

Put me in the hat Pete....I can do the week commencing 7th or 14th December
User_Removed 20 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2009 4:51PM
This is all beginning to have a familiar ring about it Smile
Pete 21 18.8k 97 England
16 Nov 2009 4:58PM
Joe is that you volunteering?
Ok Paul, thanks
At this stage I'll just collect names and preferred dates.
I've marked the post above that gives a summary of what's needed. Anyone interested should read the whole thread to get a feel for the types of issues we've had in the past and reason for trialling this. It's not to say told you so...although I'll be tempted to say that Wink It's more about improving a structure and hopefully making ePHOTOzine even better than it is. This is the third major improvement in the last week. The others are based around improved photography discussion / critique, which is really kicking off in a positive way.
AngieLatham 18 790 2 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2009 6:10PM
I think this is a great idea , if your only choosing for a week then you can't be accused of picking the same photographers or kinds of images over and over. But what I can see being a problem though is that a lot of regulars here know eachother personally through the memebrs meets , especially if you have been a member for many years...and I can see critisim and sarcasm being generated if you pick a picture that happens to be taken by one of your 'friends'. I can see the 'click clique' moaners having a field day !

That said, I'm willing to give it a go....after all, you'll only be hated and dispised for 7 days then they will be crucifying the next victim Tongue yesturdays papers and all that Wink

Pete...I think your very clever , while the sharks are feeding on the GE you can carry on quietly picking HC's and EC's reletively undisturbed Grin
WildLight 15 145 3 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2009 6:16PM
Yep, that's me volunteering! Smile
I can do any week except 11th Feb to 20th.
rowarrior 14 4.4k 9 Scotland
16 Nov 2009 7:14PM
Okay, I've got some bench time coming up, throw me in for a week before Christmas. I'm taking it that it would still be acceptable to vote for people without actually giving them an award?
csurry 20 9.2k 92
16 Nov 2009 7:58PM

Quote:Pete...I think your very clever , while the sharks are feeding on the GE you can carry on quietly picking HC's and EC's reletively undisturbed

Pete you've been rumbled!
MikefromEbbw 15 69 2 Wales
16 Nov 2009 8:27PM
Got to be honest folks but really enjoying this!The amount of stuff you miss just by looking through the day/evening is unbelievable.I have shortlisted my selction so far but for some reason I cant give the awards yet.Waiting for Pete to get back to me to give my first.
16 Nov 2009 8:39PM

Quote: Ideally the best way is to nip in and out at regular intervals (two or three times each day) so it's not a huge task at one point.

Wish I had that luxury Pete.Dont get near a PC till I get home and it is six o`clock finishes all week.
Pete 21 18.8k 97 England
16 Nov 2009 9:14PM

Quote:I cant give the awards yet.
Hopefully sorted now...
Quote:Wish I had that luxury Pete.Dont get near a PC till I get home and it is six o`clock finishes all week.

Yes don't worry, if you manage daily that's as good as I often do.
16 Nov 2009 9:24PM
We are up and running folks!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.