HC/EC gallery

Scaramanga 12 60 6 United Kingdom
18 Apr 2012 12:38PM
What I don't get is an image gets an EC, a later upload of the exact same image with the colour slightly altered or converted to mono gets another EC. Bizarre, and a lack of imagination.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

18 Apr 2012 12:39PM
Or an owl flaps its wings and moves further across the page.
18 Apr 2012 12:51PM
Well I could have timed that better.
Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
18 Apr 2012 12:52PM
Guest editor door just over here >>>>>> Be a Guest Editor and do it better Smile
Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
18 Apr 2012 12:55PM

Quote:Well I could have timed that better.

Lol...I hope no one thinks you got an award for moving a girl's face across the page or complaining here...total coincidence. I've not been near the forum until the last few minutes, prior to that I was doing that daily thankless task of awarding a few pictures.
efactsphoto 7 8 3 Germany
18 Apr 2012 3:39PM
"That daily thankless task"? Oh my, poor Pete.

Frankly, quite a few of those pictures that received the EC lately lack that extra amount of excellence in terms of creativity and/or uniqueness. When I see the umpteenth bird sitting on a fence, or the hundredth photo of a river with a "flowing" surface, I simply don't see the award for them. Even though those pics may be technically good, they are mere reproductions of nature/environment etc. But modern photography asks for more than reproduction. We have long left behind the era of Cartier-Bresson or Daguerre, who in their respective times were real masters of reproduction. In today's world, where most "things" have already been recorded on film or digitally, the task for the photographer is to "design" or "make up" reality, rather than to make a (carbon) copy of it, unless he/she works in the documentary field. And even there it's uniqueness in a photographic idea that appeals to the eyes of the editors.

Maybe this little inspiration will help you to get that "daily thankless task" done better. Wink

Regards
Frank
Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
18 Apr 2012 3:46PM
Thanks Frank. Are you going to show us how it's done then >>>> Be a Guest Editor and do it better Smile
18 Apr 2012 3:51PM
Gladly so, Pete Smile
Is there any chance I can find out which dates are available?
Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
18 Apr 2012 4:02PM

Quote:Gladly so, Pete
Good to hear...

Quote:
Is there any chance I can find out which dates are available?

Yes go to this page and look for my yellow highlighted post - Maybe I could also call on you as a reserve when one of the allocated Guest Editors doesn't turn up. That happened this week, and will probably happen again as there are a fair few low activity volunteers in the coming months.
18 Apr 2012 4:12PM
Pete, I see there's a vacancy in the first week of July.
I'd be happy to fill that gap.
And in case someone cancels, just let me know (a few days advance warning, though, if possible).
Frank
Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
18 Apr 2012 4:13PM
The week is yours Smile
18 Apr 2012 4:17PM
Wonderful!
18 Apr 2012 5:32PM

Quote:Guest editor door just over here >>>>>> Be a Guest Editor and do it better Smile

I've done it twice pete and I appreciate how hard it is. I haven't got a great deal of time at the moment as my wife has broken her arm and downed tools.
macroman 16 15.3k England
19 Apr 2012 4:34PM
Crikey is this thread still tottering along on it's tiny legs?

Life's far too short!!!! Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.