Get 70% Off Franzis Cutout 8 Pro Background Editor Software

hdew cameras?

6 Jul 2014 11:01AM
Hi all Smile

I'm looking to buy an OM-D E-M5 in the next week or so.

Noticed the above on-line retailer having them in for what seems to be a good price (509 for the camera
and 12 to 50 kit lens).

I appreciate that it's likely that it will be a "grey import", but they offer an extra 2 years warranty.
Are the OM-D's really reliable too?

Anyone had any dealings with them? Trustpilot reviews seem positive.

Thanks,

Ste

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown 11 8.1k 252 England
6 Jul 2014 12:12PM
leybald 10 55 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2014 1:55PM
Bought a new D700 from them about 2-3 years ago, it was a grey import and as Nikon UK won't honour a grey import warranty/repair HDEW offer their own warranty. Lot cheaper than UK model but identical product. If you can get over the fact its a grey import then you can save a lot of money. BTW what you see is what you pay, no import taxes as the items have already been imported by HDEW.
6 Jul 2014 2:05PM
Hmmmm (strokes chin), not overly fussed about the import side of things as long as they
honour the warranty that they provide (which seems to be the case it seems).

Considerable saving compared to anywhere selling it in the UK which could be put towards
another lens.

Thanks Smile

Ste
Andy_Curtis 5 808 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2014 6:45PM
They honour the warranty they provide by using a company in Scotland to do repairs and such. The name eludes me, mixed reviews.
I almost got my EM5 from them, but did not want to risk it as I could not claim the free battery grip with an EM5 from them.
6 Jul 2014 6:47PM
Also, great choice of camera. Very reliable especially with the weather sealing. I love mine and highly recommend it!
14 Jul 2014 8:50PM
Hi, ended up buying a silver / black E-M5 (12-50 kit) off an ebay "store" brand new for 579.

registered it with Olympus and got 24 months warranty and an extra 6 months added.
also tried my luck to get the grip via the online promotion so fingers crossed.

not really had chance to use it in anger yet, but it feels very well built indeed Smile
15 Jul 2014 5:29PM
Great choice of camera! You will love it. And it takes ages for the Grip to be processed. I registered mine over a month ago and only just recieved an email saying it is approved.
15 Jul 2014 5:34PM

Quote:And it takes ages for the Grip to be processed. I registered mine over a month ago and only just recieved an email saying it is approved.

suppose i'd better stop checking every half an hour then Wink
15 Jul 2014 9:13PM
Yes! It makes it worse. It took over a month for me to hear anything, and that was to tell be it is approved and I shall receive it with 30 days. But, it is free so no complaints Wink
18 Jul 2014 10:00AM
My grip just arrived Smile Sooner than expected. Along with a few extra batteries.
Very happy Grin
18 Jul 2014 12:53PM
nice!

mines still showing as "being processed", so i've bought a cheap 3rd party landscape grip for the time being.
i'm off to Florida in August and would like the official grip to take with me... can't see it happening though Sad

were the batteries freebies too?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.