Get 50% off Adobe CC Photography plan with any X-Rite ColorChecker Photo product!

HDR IMAGES

ianmoorcroft 10 29 United Kingdom
3 Jul 2015 9:03PM
Does anyone know of a free download program to create HDR Images that doesn't leave watermarks on the finished photo or a download that will eliminate the water marks?

I tried PHOTOMATIX which I thought was ok to use but it leaves a watermark and i'm reluctant to spend 78 to get the proper program until i'm a bit better at creating the images

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Nick_w 12 4.3k 99 England
3 Jul 2015 9:09PM
If you have lightroom you can do it in there (and more realistic than photomatix)
mikehit 10 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
3 Jul 2015 9:18PM
Nick - is that the LR6? or the CC version?
Jestertheclown 11 8.1k 252 England
3 Jul 2015 9:39PM
If my memory serves me correctly, "Oloneo" works pretty well and although it does leave a watermark, it's in the form of a strip across the bottom of the image.
You just need to add sufficient canvas to your shots to accommodate it before you begin the process, then crop it off when you're finished.
I've only ever used the trial as I'm not a particular fan of HDR but I do know that that method will work.
carper123 Plus
8 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
3 Jul 2015 9:53PM
Luminance sourceforge.
Excellent free software.
Darryl.
Nick_w 12 4.3k 99 England
3 Jul 2015 10:16PM

Quote:Nick - is that the LR6? or the CC version?

Both, this CC its really easy, in LR6 it was quite a work around.

Also do you Photoshop? its possible in there and you can get excellent results.
Paul Morgan 18 19.4k 6 England
4 Jul 2015 2:50AM
With CC you can also produce HDR`s from within Bridge without the need to even open Photoshop or Lr.
PhilT2 Plus
10 524 30 England
6 Jul 2015 11:59AM
I used PHOTOMATIX a while ago and from memory it puts a strip across the bottom of the image. What I did was increase the canvas size of the image so that the watermark was on white space and then I cropped the image to remove it without affecting my picture.
I don't know which version I used and don't know where the watermark is positioned with the version you are using.
ade_mcfade 16 15.2k 216 England
6 Jul 2015 12:18PM
oloneo and photomatix allow batch processing - which is well worth learning about if you're doing a lot of HDR

sure other ones do too - but i've not tried them

Photoshop and luminocity masks is one way to go - not actually an HDR program, but it does the same kinda thing -

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.