Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

USA Landscape Photographer of the Year 2016 open to entries NOW!

He Stopped Loving Her Today.....

StrayCat Plus
12 17.6k 3 Canada
26 Apr 2013 6:44PM
George Jones died today at 81, in the middle of a tour.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

26 Apr 2013 7:52PM
Heard he had died today but didn't realise he was in the middle of a tour. Loved his music especially "He Stopped Loving Her Today" - a real song with a story!! (Sounding like my dad now!!) GrinGrin
26 Apr 2013 8:34PM
Hey, you, Missus, looloobey, stop denigrating your Dad. He will be about my age, and I am a George Jones fan, also. First heard George about 1960, but really got hooked when I first heard his duet album with Gene Pitney. He was one exceptional singer/performer. If you are a fan get his duet CD with Merle Haggard. He could do duets with about every one of them, but his solo performances/ singing can never be matched by any of the others, and there are some good ones such as Buck Owen, Charley Pride, Vern Gosden. Bobby Bare, etc. Have a look on YouTube and find, " Possum Hollow"SadSadSadWink
its very sad if you like the George jones sound have a listen to Robert mizzel
BEVZED Plus
9 1.1k United Kingdom
26 Apr 2013 11:33PM
quite a loss, they don't come much better than George. Was only belting out his 'The race is on' going through Taunton today, did I get some odd looks! Loved his duets too
StrayCat Plus
12 17.6k 3 Canada
27 Apr 2013 3:32AM
My wife's been playing poor George's tunes since I told her he died this morning. He's always been a favourite of hers.
27 Apr 2013 6:25PM
"She thinks I still care." etc. etc. I still laugh when I read about when Tammy hid all the car keys to stop him going out drinking. He hot wired their sit-on petrol lawnmower and made it into town.
And who the hell is Robert mizzel ?Grin Never heard of him, and I am quite knowledgeable, ( I thinK) Is he a refuse operative (binman) in Nashville ?GrinWinkTongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.