Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

hello..

26 Aug 2010 6:07PM
started out on blipfoto about 130 days ago and got hooked on posting a photo every day, went and brought me a dslr nikond3000 as i though this was a good starting point

im wanting to recieve more constructive comments instead of "thats nice " etc etc

so please take it easy on me but tell it like it is, i want to learn
cameracat 17 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
26 Aug 2010 6:24PM
Hi, Welcome to ePHOTOzine......Smile

As well as the standard one a day gallery, Make use of the " Critique Gallery " option.....!

No votes just straight crit.

Though for some strange reason, People still put " Nice Pic " comments in, But at least in the Crit Gallery, The " Critique Team " will be around as well.

So just ignore the not so useful comments.

Also put plenty of info in the description, ie: what you where trying to achieve or you intentions for the image, As well as a small but polite note asking for critique in particular.

Maybe include the basic camera settings used, This helps the direction of the feedback a great deal.

Wink
Jestertheclown 12 8.5k 253 England
26 Aug 2010 8:14PM
Hi Stuart and welcome to Epz.

As Vince has said, if you want honest, worthwhile critique on your work, the Critique gallery is the place for you.
Do try to include whatever camera settings you used though as it makes the critique team's life a good deal easier.
Also, if you're feeling really brave, have a look a the "Tell it like it is" group but be aware that it's not for the faint hearted.
Bullet points and bluntness are the order of the day. People will tell you exactly what they think of your work though.
It could be exactly what you're looking for although you might want to look before you jump in.
Hope this helps,

Jester.
Britman 15 1.7k England
26 Aug 2010 9:37PM

Quote:Started out on blipfoto about 130 days ago and got hooked on posting a photo every day, went and brought me a dslr nikond3000 as i though this was a good starting point

im wanting to recieve more constructive comments instead of "thats nice " etc etc

so please take it easy on me but tell it like it is, i want to learn

Welcome to the site.

sorry pet hate, and I'm sure it's just a spelling mistake. Did you mean 'Brought' as in to bring from one place to another, or 'Bought' as in to purchase an item?
discreetphoton Plus
16 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
26 Aug 2010 9:49PM
Welcome to the site Soulsharer. I've actually been at the Lifeturns film premier tonight with a couple of others.
Hope you like what you find here, it's a very different place here, but we too have room for everyone Smile
cattyal Plus
16 9.2k 6 England
26 Aug 2010 11:47PM

Quote:Welcome to the site Soulsharer. I've actually been at the Lifeturns film premier tonight with a couple of others.

I was one of the others this evening - welcome to epz. As mentioned this a very different site and a very good one Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.