Change gear with our partner, MPB

Hello!

teodor 14 4 Norway
6 Jun 2007 10:07PM
Just spent ages writing about me in my portfolio so i'll just copy and paste here! So lazy! Smile

34 years old teacher from Norway. Got my first digital camera about a year ago due to me being a father for the first time. Have since then tried to develop both my photographic skills, and post processing in photoshop. Learn something new every day, and is hoping to learn a lot on here as well.

As I live in a scenic part of Norway, way north on the border to Russia, landscape pictures has become an obsession of mine. Long summer nights and short winter days also create an interesting quality of light here. Hope to show this in future pictures.
csurry 19 9.2k 92
6 Jun 2007 10:15PM
Welcome Kent.

Long summer days for taking pics, long winter nights for doing all the processingSmile
teodor 14 4 Norway
6 Jun 2007 10:21PM

Quote:Long summer days for taking pics, long winter nights for doing all the processingMark as helpful

Indeed! Smile Although we do have some spectacular northern lights here during those long winter nights.
cameracat 17 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
6 Jun 2007 10:26PM
Hi Kent, Welcome aboard the good ship lolly pop, OOoooppss wrong ship, OK EPZ then.

Well your certainly in the right part of the world for landscapes, It's been many years since I visited Norway, And I really did not want to come home Smile

Look forward to seeing some of your work.

Cheers Vince
Tooth 16 5.8k 227 Ireland
7 Jun 2007 2:27AM
Welcome kent, it's late at night here now so I'll not go into detail, but there are a few Scandinavian photgraphers on here, Finnish, Danish etc, but I can't think of any Norwegians .look forward to seeing your pics. Too tired to do the links, but Happyostrich and Jolli spring to mind It's lovely to have the diversity on here that for instance in the Spring everyone isn't just seeing buebells, some are seeing ice and snow

So don't be shy to upload, look around thee site and ask as manyquestionsas you want,, and above all,

...enjoy Smile
23 Jul 2007 8:46PM
It's nice to greet new members from all over the world. One of the many great things about EPZ. People from other parts have different things to take photos of so its nice to be able to share these. The main thing is to have fun. Take care. Clive
MrsS 15 4.5k 18 England
23 Jul 2007 9:54PM
Hi Kent, welcome to EPZ. Enjoy ur time here, get involved and you'll have lots of fun and most likely learn loads too. I know I have. My only problem now is that bills don't get paid, children and dogs don't get fed and the house is a mess, because I can't drag myself away from the computer other than to go out and get more shots!!

Oh - - and watch out for the nutters - - they're fun and totally harmless Smile

Cheers!

Fran x
(one of the nutters Wink)
chase Plus
16 2.2k 582 England
23 Jul 2007 10:34PM
Welcome Kent.......listen to Aunty Fran..she's not wrong,great site but very addictive.
Enjoy!
janet
MrsS 15 4.5k 18 England
23 Jul 2007 10:42PM
Oh I forgot to add, Kent - - I'm a teacher too Smile
Kris_Dutson 19 8.2k 1 England
23 Jul 2007 10:52PM
Evening Kent and welcome. Smile

There see, I can be sensibubble when I want to.
SuziBlue 18 16.2k 10 Scotland
23 Jul 2007 11:29PM
Hello Kent! Welcome to epz!

twitch

I'm really trying to be ever so sensible and restrained. I really am ... I really am .. I really ..

So has Pete contacted you yet about your epz hours and duties? You see, once you join you can never leave. You'll probably be on the easy ten hour shift as you're new and ...

damn! sigh blown it again .... 8-#
looboss 14 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
23 Jul 2007 11:48PM

Quote:ten hour shift as you're new

That's favouritism! Sad I'm still doing a 16 hour shift Sad
By the way welcome Kent, coming from that part of the world sounds as if we are in for a treat regarding nice landscapes. Cant wait.
dougv 17 8.4k 3 England
24 Jul 2007 12:28AM

Quote:I'm still doing a 16 hour shift

Are you saying you never did a 10 hour shift Luis?
Or do you think that you are now ready for the 18 hour shifts?
Wink
teodor 14 4 Norway
24 Jul 2007 12:44AM
Wow! Gone for a few hours and comes back to this nuthouse! Smile Guess I cant leave for a few hours then, and miss all the fun! anyway; thank you all for your kind comments.

Been to your neck of the woods Luis. Spain, and the awful murder of Ines Calderon... Yup! It's a book! Us teachers spend our holidays reading litterature, taking pictures and, now of course, here in the loony bin. Where I must admit I do belong! Wink

Redrum! Redrum!
24 Jul 2007 1:16AM

Quote:this nuthouse!

THIS nuthouse..?? THIS nuthouse..??
Kent this is "THE" nuthouse...
Welcome - and mingled with argument, abuse and wine-inspired ribbing - this is the one site where you'll find very patient and helpful assistance if you need it...Wink

Many times we wandered through your Fiords towards the North cape and Murmansk on Iron-Ore carriers...what I would give for today's photographic technology in those days...!!

Kevin.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.