Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Christmas Prize Draw 2017

Hello all!

5 Dec 2017 4:05PM
I have just discovered EPZ. Are there many participants from the US here? Anyone from Alabama?

Also, I noticed on the newly posted competitions, they are restricted to a UK/Ireland member. Is this the case with all of the competitions? I am sure I can still gain much useful information here, just wanted to inquire.

Have a great week!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ChrisV Plus
11 2.0k 26 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2017 4:14PM
Welcome Peggy - I'm sure you'll soon learn the difference between inquire and enquire - all are welcome here! Wink

Not sure about Alabama, but there are a few North Americans on the site - best in the world as it's based in God's Own County...
saltireblue Plus
7 7.3k 33 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2017 4:35PM

Quote:

Also, I noticed on the newly posted competitions, they are restricted to a UK/Ireland member. Is this the case with all of the competitions? I am sure I can still gain much useful information here, just wanted to inquire.

Hi and welcome to ePz.
It varies from competition to competition, and is decided by the company sponsoring the prizes. Some state UK only, others restrict the area to Europe, and some are not restricted.
They donate the prize, they get to decide the restrictions...
If you know anyone resident in the UK you can specify their address and have any prize delivered there, then it's up to you to get it from the UK to the US.
richmowil Plus
8 330 2 England
5 Dec 2017 9:54PM
Welcome Peggy, we look forward to seeing your images!!
JackAllTog Plus
8 4.9k 58 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2017 11:58PM
Welcome to the site Peggy, loads to share here all year round. Are you a property photographer per chance?

Best wishes,
Stuart
bluesandtwos 8 289 1 England
6 Dec 2017 6:21AM
Welcome to the friendliest site going. Smile No one bites, well not hard anyway, and if you have a good sense of humour too you will really fit in!

Dave
franken Plus
15 4.5k 4 United Kingdom
6 Dec 2017 8:53AM
Welcome, Peggy.

Ken.
Big Bri 16 16.3k United Kingdom
6 Dec 2017 9:24AM
Hello Peggy

If you win anything, you can have it delivered to me and I'll "look after it" until next time I get to Alabama Wink

6 Dec 2017 10:27AM
Welcome Peggy, to this friendly helpful site, lots of lovely people, information and help, looking forward to your images.
Sylvia
pathrover 2 32 United Kingdom
6 Dec 2017 11:40AM

Quote: I'm sure you'll soon learn the difference between inquire and enquire

Indeed this is a friendly site where the first response is to correct your EnglishWink.

Welcome from those of us who don't get hung up about these things.

Gordon.
ChrisV Plus
11 2.0k 26 United Kingdom
6 Dec 2017 1:56PM
It was a gentle tease on the differences between American and British English - she didn't get it wrong for her neck of the woods. Hopefully she has a sense of humo(u)r.
6 Dec 2017 3:16PM
Thanks for all of the responses. @Stuart, yes, that is my primary purpose. I have been a building/design professional for about 25 years, and moved into photography as I made a change to Luxury Property Management. I love buildings.....but like most, I shoot many genre. Smile

Chris, yes, there is a distinct difference; The traditional distinction between the verbs enquire and inquire is that enquire is to be used for general senses of 'ask', while inquire is reserved for uses meaning 'make a formal investigation', per the Oxford Dictionary. I would say my Inquiry was for formal purposes as it's intent was to investigate if this is a good spot for me...... It's also amusing that in my text typing, the GRAMMAR CORRECTION does not wish to accept enquire, only inquire and this is not an American English based website. HMMMMM Wink

Thank you all for the information, and I hope everyone has a great week.

6 Dec 2017 3:44PM
(by the way, I was only half joking - hope to get back to Alabama early next year) Smile
6 Dec 2017 6:22PM
I am originally from Indiana...but love living down here on the coast. Would enjoy meeting anyone who travels this way and wants to chat photography!
6 Dec 2017 8:06PM

Quote:but love living down here on the coast

Ah, well I won't be able to bring your winnings after all Smile I'll be up in Huntsville

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.