Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Help!!

Melanie_M 15 168 9 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2005 4:24AM
Loaded CS onto my new computer, it will not recognise the RAW files from my (dead) 20D, despite loading the RAW plug in into the file formats folder in the plug in folder. Running Windows XP, exactly same as previous machine. Any ideas?
digicammad 17 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2005 4:30AM
Have you stopped and restarted CS since putting the plugin in there?
7 Nov 2005 4:56AM
yep, and restarted the computer, and reloaded PS. computers' don't you just love them?!!
digicammad 17 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2005 5:01AM
Oh well, it was worth a try. I use C1 so have never needed to try the Adobe plugin. Is it possible that on your old computer you had loaded some Canon software which allowed the plugin to work? I seem to remember that is what happens with the Nikon raw plugin for PS.
7 Nov 2005 5:39AM
That's the only difference I guess, that the old computer has Canon software loaded.
Little Jo 19 2.3k United Kingdom
7 Nov 2005 7:44AM
Melanie

Can I ask if you had downloaded the files onto your hard drive before attempting to open them in CS? Also, why is your 20D described as 'dead'?

Did you remove the old plug-in before installing the new one? BTW, the latest camera raw plug-in (v3.2) isn't compatible with CS, you need v2.4. V3.x of ACR only works with CS2 and it goes in a different folder from the CS version.

Panic not - we'll get you sorted by hook or by crook!

Jo
7 Nov 2005 8:47AM
Jo

yes the files were already on the hard drive.
The camera is dead as it's at the bottom of the sea!
Yes old plug in removed and new one inserted.
What I don't understand is that when I loaded CS on my old machine it read the RAW files, loading the same disc on this machine, no go!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.