HELP ! Missing images on SD card

Pinkpony 5 42 United Kingdom
4 Aug 2018 2:48PM
I took some cracking images today, viewed them on my camera, even deleted the ones i didn't want as i was viewing them. looked at them several times on the camera. Came home put the card in the iMac and no images found! I know they are one there, have tried in Lightroom, Photoshop and even on my iPad and no images, so then put the card back in the camera and no images found. The full thing is there are 2 images on the card that i can see form Friday, where i took about 20 and i viewed these this morning ( all 20) and now only 2 showing up . Anyone got any ideas?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

4 Aug 2018 3:39PM
Try Recuva from piriform. It "undeletes" deleted files. Not sure if it's available for Mac.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 36 Norway
4 Aug 2018 4:00PM

Quote:Try Recuva from piriform. It "undeletes" deleted files. Not sure if it's available for Mac.

No, Recuva isn't available fr Mac, not from the official site, in any case.
If you google 'recuva for mac' there are sites offering it, but they are not the koscher product from Piriform.
Philh04 Plus
14 2.1k United Kingdom
4 Aug 2018 4:25PM
Willpower 8 494 United Kingdom
4 Aug 2018 5:41PM
I hope you manage to recover the images that you have lost, it must be horrifying for you.

But a word of advice.

Quote:I took some cracking images today, viewed them on my camera, even deleted the ones i didn't want as i was viewing them.

This is a dangerous practice. Unless you are desperately short of room on your card and don't have another, then don't preview then delete in camera. Many times I have heard the same woes from those who did. There is a high possibility of corrupting your card and losing your images. Wait until you have downloaded onto your computer and then Format the card in the camera.
4 Aug 2018 7:49PM
Thaks Phil04 i found the link to the wondershare earlier and have scanned both cards that i used and a few more images came up but none form today, now doing a deep scan, so fingers crossed. Willpower i think i have learnt my lesson, for years i have been deleting as i go, i do sports photography, often on burst so far to many images to upload, so i alway and have for years got away with it until today!
4 Aug 2018 8:23PM
Sadly that didn't work, such a shame. I had some images from a Nikon day at Brands hatch too, managed to retrieve 5 of them, the rest are gone. ;-(((
Philh04 Plus
14 2.1k United Kingdom
4 Aug 2018 8:34PM
As you say a shame, perhaps a lesson learnt. Maybe put the card to one side, a solution may still be forthcoming, as far as I know unless you do a low level format the data could still be there...

Quote: I had some images from a Nikon day at Brands hatch too

Just up Wrotham Hill from me Wink
4 Aug 2018 8:38PM
Sorry to hear that. I usually download all my images to the computer via the USB lead. Others take the card out and use a card reader. I have occasionaly deleted files in-camera with no I'll effects so it seems odd that you lost images in this way.

Lesson learned.
JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
4 Aug 2018 8:55PM

Quote:I had some images from a Nikon day at Brands hatch too

I was there on Thursday for CameraWorld's Roadshow but I spent time with the Sony people. Smile
19 Jan 2019 5:52PM
Give some of these a go https://alternativeto.net/software/zero-assumption-recovery/?platform=mac

I find Zero Assumption Image Recovery works well on a PC if you have access to one.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.