Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Help me out finding a new camera bag?

Tutterzzz 14 160 United Kingdom
21 Apr 2007 11:05AM
I'm currently using one of the 12 quid crumplers that has 2 compartments, a big one for your camera and then a small pouch for whatever else.

I've now got a lens collection building up and well obviously ive got no way of carrying them, i would like a camera bag with a similiar style to the crumplers (over the shoulder and not wide at the bottom, so it sits on your side and doesent dig in), has comparments for lenses, camera, and other little things like spare battery, card reader and cards, mini tripod, but everyday things aswell like a phone, ds and things like a wallet and such, although I could use spare compartments to hold them I suppose.

But so its not massive, I would say the maximum dimensions i'd like (length horizontal and vertical) would be about 35cm by 35cm maybe abit more length across, I've been looking around and i havent really found anything that suits my needs apart from the crumpler pro's i think their called which are too expensive i think just for a bag, but if theres nothing else ill settle, but i would be extremely greatful if you could help Smile

Nick
steve_p 15 1.2k England
21 Apr 2007 11:22AM
Nick, Ive got a Lowepro Slingshot 200AW which I find very good. Look on Jessops.com and put in BAGS20 discount voucher you will find it quite reasonably priced.
Steve
MartinWalker 14 160 United Kingdom
21 Apr 2007 5:08PM
Personally, I got a Lowepro Slingshot 100AW... Works lovely for me, but then I only get a FujiFilm S9500... Don't need anything else... Holds the camera and all my accessories... Grin
Simon_Palmer 15 759 11 United Kingdom
21 Apr 2007 6:17PM
Erm, my apologies you might want to ignore the following, I just noticed you said you were WANTING a over the shoulder bag. Sorry.

I use the Tamrac Cyberpack 8

http://www.tamrac.com/5258.htm

I love this bag tbh, at first it seemed quite large, but as you get more bits you are really glad of the space. They also do lots of bolt ons for it etc. Incredibly comfortable and easy to wear tho which works for me.

Check the link out above, help you a bit hopefully.

Let us know how you get on
Simon
tomcat 15 6.4k 15 United Kingdom
21 Apr 2007 7:22PM
Nick...I am presuming that you do not live to far away from Newcastle
If so why not take a trip into Jacobs and have a good look at what is on offer

Adrian
theredbaron 14 394 United Kingdom
24 Apr 2007 9:07PM
I got a Hama backback 17.99 plus delivery on 7dayshop.com takes an slr with 75-300mm and 6 lenses and cards filters
Little Jo 19 2.3k United Kingdom
24 Apr 2007 11:22PM
Lowepro do some good bags - have you considered the Nova series. If you want more protection - they do some other shoulder bags as well. I owned a Stealth Reporter for a while, but was less than impressed with that.

Kata do some interesting carrying solutions. I recently bought one of their backpacks and it's the best I've owned to date.

The CCS Glasdstone bags are good for space and the gladstone style opening makes accessing the kit easy.

ThinkTank have come up with a whole load of new bags recently - have a look at their range.

If you have quality kit, then it makes sense to get a good bag to ensure it's properly protected. Some of the magazines have done interesting tests over the years to compare the effectiveness and not all are equal.

Plenty of dividers will allow you to make best use of the bag's volume. Kata do a kit that allows you to make additional custom dividers if you need them.

The options are many. If you acquire heavy lenses, a backpack will be better for the back, if a tad less convenient.

Jo
marcoz 14 71
25 Apr 2007 12:25AM
the sling shot is on special offer 30 pound from jessops great bag great price down from 70 !!!
robogreen 15 5
26 Apr 2007 9:49PM
Have you looked at the Domke bags. They do some satchel types like the f-803 which is nice and thin. Depends on how much gear you want it to hold. I think the f-803 is probably on good for the camera and a couple of lenses.

have a look here too for ideas http://www.cambags.com
miptog 15 3.6k 65 United Kingdom
12 May 2007 11:18AM

Quote:I got a Hama backback 17.99..

Mine arrived today. Exceptional value for the price and resonable size for what it carries, several lenses, a dSLR and prosumer with accessories would fit easily. The zips could be smoother opening and closing, and the backpack could sit higher on the back, as it tends to drag down. Small enough to fit as "hand-luggage".

Mike
martyn05 14 363 England
12 May 2007 4:22PM
Jessops doing Lowepro Slingshot 300AW for 99.99, but its deal of the day today so on offer at 69.99 but put BAGS20 in as a voucher code and it comes out at 55.99 ! So i ordered mine online this morning then went an hour later to collect it. Already have a Slingshot 200AW but it was full, more room in the 300AW but now wife has the 200AW !!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.