Change gear with our partner, MPB

Help Needed.

MrBMorris 14 27 United Kingdom
13 Mar 2008 7:11PM
Hi there.
I'm off to New Zealand this Sunday and i want to take a decent camera with me,I'm currently hating my Fuji Z1 as all the picture's get washed out with the flash (seems to be to late) and there seems to be no decent colour in the picture's.

Im looking for something fairly small as i need to take it when im back packing. I want something that take's good picture's in poor lighting without making everyone i know look like Casper. Also something that pack's in the colour.

My price range is about 150, i know it's not high and im asking alot, but i just want something that wont waste this chance i have to snap the amazing country that is New Zealand.

I've been looking at the Olympus 840, Samsung NV10 and some of the other Fuji's. I just dont know who to trust now as i don't really wanna buy something only to throw it off a cliff in frustration.
Coleslaw 16 13.4k 28 Wales
13 Mar 2008 7:25PM
Fuji F40, low noise at high ISO so you don't have to use flash, IMHO.
theredbaron 15 394 United Kingdom
13 Mar 2008 7:27PM
I went to Poland and had a lot of low light/xmas market/underground photos to take. I had a bad experience with a Canon Ixus i.
I have replaced it with a Fuji F20 which is excellent in all low light/candles/twilight etc. This is my second one, the first is now owned by another member of the family. Because of the way prices have gone, the 2006 Fuji F20 cost 140. The 2007 F20 cost 67 in tesco and came with clubcard points and petrol voucher! There are now updated models in the Fuji line, but I was happy to go with this camera which reaches the parts some models cannot reach. Its 6.3mp and 3x optical zoom, compact in size and will get into most music venues unnoticed as its the same size as a phone.
bangalicious 13 1.3k 5 England
13 Mar 2008 9:36PM
Turn the flash off?
booboocat 14 201 United Kingdom
13 Mar 2008 11:22PM
How about a Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ3,it has imagin stabilisation,7.2 mp,notebook(well clipboard feature) and a ton of other stuff.Produces good pics too.
EPZ even did a reveiw of it,and it got an award if my fuzzy memory serves me right.
Oh and it comes in black and a great bluecolour.
booboocat 14 201 United Kingdom
13 Mar 2008 11:24PM
oooh almost forgot to mention,I think it has a 38x zoom,which works realy well with the image stabilisation.Smile
MrBMorris 14 27 United Kingdom
14 Mar 2008 5:21PM

Quote:Turn the flash off?

thank's for your absolutley useless comment.
bangalicious 13 1.3k 5 England
14 Mar 2008 6:08PM

Quote:Turn the flash off?thank's for your absolutley useless comment.

It'l save spending out on a new camera (and a new attitude by the looks of it)
TEASE 14 10 England
14 Mar 2008 6:23PM
Depends if you want new or secondhand? New you can get a good Olympus or secondhand I would recommend the Sony DSC-F717 it has a night feature.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.