Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

help needed to improve photos.

whipspeed 17 4.2k 22 United Kingdom
18 Oct 2011 2:22PM
I think photoshop when used well can polish a shot and manipulation done well can also be good, but you need to have a good image to start with.
I think the old saying that still has relevance (and has been used many times on here) is, that "you can't polish a turd." Smile
7 Dec 2011 6:33PM
Great model + great make-up artist + great stylist + great hear dresser + all of the things you have mentioned and for final touches Photo shop
ckristoff 17 994 Wales
7 Dec 2011 8:41PM
Graflex,

why the aggresive tone, sir?

I still consider myself as a beginner, because I haven't fully applied myself to my photographic hobby. Why? Simply because of back trouble, which I've lived and worked with since age 18 and I'm now 54. If my back hurts, I stay home. In the current weather conditions, if it's too cold or too windy, again I stay home!Grin

You say leave Photoshop in the box, well I do sort of, because I don't understand it - simples.Smile

I'm assuming that you are in the photographic business and I salute you. I come from a grocery background.

Would I work for you? I think not, simply because I've had enough of working 60-80 hour weeks.

If you look at my portfolio, it should become apparent that I wouldn't have a clue on creating a fake landscape, and why would I want to?

In the years I've been a member here, I've always received enormous advice and help. Recently I purchased a DVD tutorial from our friend Paul Morgan. I do not in way, think that Paul creates a fake landscape. He does however simply attempt to bring an ordinary image into life - polished as it were, but it still remains the same image.

I would be tempted to purchase an image from Paul and proudly hang it on the wall. On the other hand, were I to send Paul one of my images for free, my Monty Pythonesque sense humour suggests that Paul would swiftly feed it into the shredder!!Grin

Frank.Wink
8 Dec 2011 11:51AM
I agree with Jestertheclown.
I used to upload images for votes as I thought was a good way of seeing how good/bad my photos were.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
I now upload for critique as this is the best place to get feedback on images.
Thanks to feedback I received on 1 image of Jamie Archer I was able to go away and have an other go and came back with a far better image.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.