Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Help needed with an iMac!!

quinny 16 167 United Kingdom
17 Oct 2004 10:55AM
I have been given an iMac OS9 with Photoshop 6 on it and I am getting myself really frustrated and ratty because I can't figure out how I do stuff. For example changing a background colour, selecting bits in a photo to change the colour. Can anyone in Ephotozineland help me out or point me in the right direction.

Every bit of help is appreciated.

Thanks

Sarah
sillyconguru 16 4.4k
17 Oct 2004 2:29PM
Try here

Or use a search engine, use the keywords "photoshop", "tutorial".
shooter 19 105 Canada
21 Oct 2004 5:20AM
It's nothing to do with the iMac...Photoshop works the same on all computer types.

I agree with the last poster, it's all to do with learning to use Photoshop.

Fortunately there are dozens of sites full of tutorials (and bookshops full if you like reading paper better) about Photoshop.

It's fun, and a world all its own to explore. Enjoy the journey!
heidilee 17 901
24 Oct 2004 5:35AM
The software is the same but do you mean you are having trouble selecting things because of the one button mac mouse. If so, let me know if thats the problem and I'll help you out. If its not that, but actual software issues, unfortunately I wont know enough to help you.

Heidi
taggart Plus
16 47 14 United States
2 Nov 2004 12:14AM
I do not know much re: photoshop but I do use a Mac Powerbook---If you have a specific question--send it, I will try to help or find someone who can.
quinny 16 167 United Kingdom
11 Nov 2004 7:20AM
Heidilee, I do have a one button but I don't know whether that's the problem or just the plain and simple fact I don't know my way around photoshop to understand the instructions enough.
mdpontin 17 6.0k Scotland
11 Nov 2004 7:43AM
Well the one-button mouse can be a bit of a 'culture shock' until you get used to it, but if my experience is typical, I wouldn't think it would take long to get the hang of it.

It might be best if you could describe in reasonable detail one specific thing you're trying to do, then we might be able to get a better handle on whether it's a Photoshop or a Mac issue.

Doug

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.