Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Help required, Please ......... Olympus C-8080

8 Apr 2021 6:49PM
I recently bought an Olympus C-8080 bridge camera, sold as " Parts, not working " for pennies, taking the chance it might have to be binned,as a possible free starter camera for the neighbours 8 year old Grandson,who is very interested in Photography and follows me all around the garden.

Said camera arrived almost without a mark on it, popped in a fully charged battery, and card, miracle of miracles it powers up and works perfectly even the zoom. Grin

Now comes the help part :- There is a nasty mark inside the front lens, looks like the camera has been wet some time and the mark was left when it dried. It is not bloom or dust, so the question is, does anyone know how to remove the front lens unit without destroying the camera ? It looks like it might unscrew on the filter thread, but there is no visible means to achieve this.

Any ideas much appreciated
David
Paul Morgan 20 19.5k 6 England
8 Apr 2021 7:42PM
Take a few test pics and see if these marks have any effects on the final image.

You would be surprised how much can often be got away with a marked lens.
8 Apr 2021 9:55PM
And I would guess that your neighbour's eight year old will be delighted anyway that he can follow you around and take pictures alongside you. You can explain about the mark on the lens but tell him it is a good camera to learn on as he won't have to worry too much about it - just enjoy seeing what he gets. I also agree with Paul - I have a very nasty mark on my sensor but it rarely gives me any real trouble in my pictures. So see how it performs and the two of you can experiment together.
9 Apr 2021 12:40AM
Thanks to you both for the suggestion, I have tried taking pics, but there is a misty mark on the images where
the mark on the lens is. Sad
GPTek 15 460 1 England
9 Apr 2021 7:44AM
If you feel confident.... I don't know if this exploded manual will help.

Geoff
9 Apr 2021 10:56AM

Quote:If you feel confident.... I don't know if this exploded manual will help.

Geoff

Thanks , Geoff, never thought of that, I will download a copy and proceed from there,
will let you know how I get on,
Regards
David

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.