Panasonic 'Nature' Competition - Win A LUMIX FZ1000 II!

Here because of Debbie

sut68 15 2.0k 76 England
13 Jul 2009 8:58AM

Quote:Not quite but I do run a very quiet (and very reasonable) campsite and camping barn. It is something of a dream of mine to walk these hills in the company of kindred spirits

Quote:15 miles or so, Fran, from the Pickering end (and I love photographing steam trains).......... how am I doing?

... you'll do for me!!! Wink

Welcome to the site Dave, you'll have an absolute ball with folk on here if you're prepared too meet & mix. You may notice one or two steam shots too in both mine & 'her' portfolios.

Paul [Fran's other - some may say better - half] Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MrsS 12 4.5k 18 England
13 Jul 2009 9:32AM

Quote:Paul [Fran's other - some may say better - half]

not in my hearing they don't!!! Especially if they value their anatomy! Wink

F x
SimplySimon 10 281 England
13 Jul 2009 10:14AM
Hello Dave,from another newbie.Welcome.I am a keen tenter,and stayed at Masham in Oct 2007 in a cottage,so would be interested in your campsite.I don,t think you can put details on forum,as classed as advertising. Simon.
debster 15 693 3 England
13 Jul 2009 12:20PM
Hiya Dave.............

This is probably gonna end up being my claim to fame.......

I also got your message on the website this morning which I'll reply to personally - I've had a rubbish time this year so far with a broken relationship and redundancy.............no excuse but hopefully a reason for not being around much!!

You'll LOVE this place, believe me xx
DaveMead 10 23 14 United Kingdom
13 Jul 2009 4:42PM
Hi Debbie

It's brilliant to hear from you.....

Quote:This is probably gonna end up being my claim to fame.......

no, no, no, you will be famous for your photographs and for the positive energy you bring to photography.

Dave xx
13 Jul 2009 5:42PM
A little less than 24 hours and I've become an e2 Member.

It was the least I could do after the warm welcome from you all and the kind and constructive comments on my pictures. Best of all, I got to talk (sort of) to Debbie again. All that and I finally got my sheep clipped this morning, happy days.

Thanks again all

Dave x
pennyspike 16 2.1k 29 United Kingdom
15 Jul 2009 2:32PM
I think this might be an EPZ first.
The rider featured in David's recent gallery photo found herself on epz through a google search and was so impressed she joined the site to comment on it. Smile
Just Jas 17 26.3k 1 England
15 Jul 2009 2:46PM
I wanted some info on a topic last night.

I googled it.

Within seconds I found a link.

With anticipation I clicked upon the lick.

And found it was a comment that I had made on here some while ago.

What a let down!!!! LOL!
Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
15 Jul 2009 2:53PM

Quote:The rider featured in David's recent gallery photo found herself on epz through a google search

Just goes to show A) the power of our SEO and B) the advantage of creating a good description for your photo, and C) that uploading to epz can actually be a good way to get your work seen, by the right people.

While I'm at it, a warm and belated welcome to the site Dave and thanks for joining e2 so soon, it's very much appreciated.
joolsb 14 27.1k 38 Switzerland
15 Jul 2009 3:10PM

Quote:the power of our SEO

"Senior Executive Officer"?

That would be you, Pete.... Wink
Just Jas 17 26.3k 1 England
15 Jul 2009 3:16PM
Incidentally, Pete, many of the google searches that I have made have found links back to epz.

So a lot of the epz gen contained in the forums is spread freely available across the net.

A feather in epz cap, I think. Smile

And also brings epz to the attention of non-epzers. Smile

And welcome to Dave, of course Smile
jas
15 Jul 2009 11:58PM
Thanks for the welcome Pete and Jas. Claire joining ePz to comment on my picture of her has totally blown me away and I've learnt loads in a very short space of time. Photography has been a fairly solitary pursuit for me thus far, but I have a feeling that's gonna change.Smile

And Penny is doing a brilliant job of looking after me too.

Thank you to everyone.
Dave
oll1e 12 57 2 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2009 1:53AM
welcome aboard Dave ,i must be quite close to you ,i live in little moorsholm .Hope you get a lot of inspiration from this site ,i know ive have in the past year .
regds
ollie

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.